Spirit Class Aft View Balcony Question

pawags45

On some of the videos I have seen these cabins seem noisy when you are on the balcony and the ship is moving. Is this the case or is it the Microphones making it sound that way ? I have Aft View balconies on 5th floor and 7th floor on Miracle and Pride for my next two Cruises.

Yes, it is very noisy. Do not get one! Ever!! :p

We have not noticed it being particularly noisy. Some engine vibration when porting. Nothing that would deter us from getting one in the future.

Edited by mizLORInj

Yes, it is very noisy. Do not get one! Ever!! :p

We have not noticed it being particularly noisy. Some engine vibration when porting. Nothing that would deter us from getting one in the future.

Thanks. Had me going there for a min. lol

On some of the videos I have seen these cabins seem noisy when you are on the balcony and the ship is moving. Is this the case or is it the Microphones making it sound that way ? I have Aft View balconies on 5th floor and 7th floor on Miracle and Pride for my next two Cruises.

If you mean wind noise, that will be a lack of filter on the video camera microphone.

It will pick up noise that we don't hear

• 1 month later...

Hi Pawags45, Our 7th cruise on Carnival Spirit from Sydney-Australia soon!!

We find the Aft Cabins on the Spirit just Fantastic!, if you leave the balcony door slightly open at night- the sound from the ship's wake will definitely put you asleep... so-yes, you will hear some water noise when the ship is moving (as well as some minor vibration depending on the seas) but altogether the views will certainly compensate.. We also like the aft section as there are fewer people moving in the passage way's.. ( eg. no kids running...) Enjoy your Cruise!..

Great location, noise is minimal. So.e people get worked up while docking when the bow thrusters kick in, but that's only for a few minutes. If you've never been on a Spirit class ship you're in for a wonderful surprise. It's my favorite class, especially with the 2.0 upgrades. You get a lot of the newer features on a ship that won't seem crowded. Enjoy your cruises! I'm jealous you've got two planned!

We are on your Hawaii cruise, if you want to trade rooms, just let me know! ;)

We have a 4K, we have a aft balcony on the Miracle for Alaska in September so after, let us know how it was!

Oh, they are loud all right. Reminds me of standing next to Niagara Falls.

I remember turning to my partner when we got underway after embarkation, and we were like WTH!!!!!!

My biggest fear was the sound bleeding into the room, which it didn't.

But we got used to it.

We also had to get used to that sway back there. It creates a sense of vertigo. It only seems to be on that class ship.

Edited by Je Souhaite

Thanks evryone. This is by no means our first Spirit Class Ship we have sailed on all of the Spirit Class except the Spirit. and the Pride several times. Just not in a aft view balcony. They are also our favorite class ship.

N2Mischief We will see you at the Hawaian theme party on day 3 of our cruise and I will Fill you in on how we like it.