Im presuming this show is fake - well I hope so

uktog

This morning I was watching the TV onboard and I see a replay of a game show from last night - can't recall its politically correct title now but it used to be called the newly wed not so newly wed show. Traditionally this was a genuine game show.

Looks like modern luxury means we also set up fake answers -...

Some people are easily amused and actually enjoy this sort of humor. I find it quite simple to walk past if I happen upon such antics, or to switch channels if I come upon it at home or shipboard. It does irk me that "professional" Cruise Directors actually promote this stuff, but it does keep the adherents out of harm's way for a time.

Some people are easily amused and actually enjoy this sort of humor. I find it quite simple to walk past if I happen upon such antics, or to switch channels if I come upon it at home or shipboard. It does irk me that "professional" Cruise Directors actually promote this stuff, but it does keep the adherents out of harm's way for a time.

Oh my! You are clearly much too sophisticated and culturally refined for me to even consider having a conversation with. I will certainly keep my lowbrow self well clear of your path when you parade around the ship. I would hate to ruin your cruise by causing you to accidentally come into contact with a mere plebeian. :rolleyes:

A friend of mine once did this show once. He and his dear wife had never seen it before and had no idea about the "Where did you do it?" question. When the question was asked, after picking their chins off the floor, they both bravely answered - correctly BTW. He said later that he answered because the kids weren't in the audience (he didn't know about the taping and broadcasting) and what was the chance that anybody in the audience knew them. Oops! His cousin happened to be sitting in the back of the theater! Needless to say, by the time they got back home the entire extended family new about the WHERE! :eek:

To this day, I haven't been able to find out where the WHERE was. I’ve tried bribing his BIL who I know but to no avail. All I got was "Use your imagination....No Really Use Your Imagination.":)

If the op was offended by that show, than I suggest they don't see Liar, Liar which involves the Captain and 2 other officers. It's R rated but hilarious.

The Liar's Club is my favorite game. If they have good panel - it very funny, but just applying....without saying;)

Thank you my question has been answered

I did not anticipate such personal comments in some of the responses but so be it.

I have attended a number of entertainment activities onboard ranging from excellent (Liars Club I include here) to poor (special talks I include here).

I will as ever be posting a fuller review on my return there is good onboard and not so good. Changes for better and changes for worse.

I did not anticipate such personal comments in some of the responses but so be it.

I have attended a number of entertainment activities onboard ranging from excellent (Liars Club I include here) to poor (special talks I include here).

I will as ever be posting a fuller review on my return there is good onboard and not so good. Changes for better and changes for worse.

Looking forward to reading your opinion.

But the other 300,000,000 have br....never mind.

I have to admit that we were roped into this gsne show 3 times, & were never told what to say or prodded in any way. But we've been to so many of them with the same questions, & after over 50 years together, we pretty much know what to answer.

You weren't roped into the show or told what to say but how many free drinks did they supply you with before you answered the questions? :p ;)

My wife & I have been the game & I can tell you NOBODY gave us the answers we were awed by some of the questions ( when was the last time you made whoopie? ) at 82 I couldent rember.

george35

...and as long as your wife matched your answer, score!

You weren't roped into the show or told what to say but how many free drinks did they supply you with before you answered the questions? :p ;)

Hah, I wish! No, I have to say they were pretty above board with us. Our first time, we were on Zenith, & the activities manager (remember those?) who we were friendly with, begged us to join because there weren't enough volunteers> The 2nd & 3rd time we were coerced by family. It's all in good fun, so what the heck.

Hah, I wish! No, I have to say they were pretty above board with us. Our first time, we were on Zenith, & the activities manager (remember those?) who we were friendly with, begged us to join because there weren't enough volunteers> The 2nd & 3rd time we were coerced by family. It's all in good fun, so what the heck.

I just saw the show on the Pacific Princess and those contestants were provided with lots of sparkling wine! :p

The questions weren't as risque as on Celebrity but the answers were pretty funny.

No free drinks in our case...just sitting in the theatre waiting for the show (the lights were up) and the CD kept insisting we should 'come on down'...should have stayed in my seat as I guess I don't think fast enough to come up with a lie. Forgot about the taping...guess that accounts for the funny looks we got around the ship afterward. Never in our lives would we have been so forthcoming, but it was lots of laughs at our expense and we were laughing right along with the audience.

Edited by oceangoer2

Looking forward to your fuller review. Knowing your posts I'm sure it will be very balanced. As for those piling in here with snippy comments, it doesn't surprise me now on this board. Just ignore them.

:::sigh::: but there are 72 million plus of us that think that dirty joke has at best fallen flat. :eek::eek:

Agree. And love the image of Liesa!

We were "coerced" by "friends" to attend one of these things on our last Caribbean cruise. Normally avoid them like the plague. One couple, after a few Qs and As, were booed almost off the stage and the CD was also jeered for selecting them. They had extensively practiced what they would say and it became crude and insulting.