Stay and Park Baltimore

mocpgc

I am looking for feed back on where fellow cruises stay and park in Baltimore. We have done Holiday Inn Express at the Stadiums but the price keeps going up and the service down. Looking for inputs and why.

Just around the suburbs of Canton, Federal Hill and Fells point, you'll find budget accommodation that comes in the form of a big convention type. If you're a business traveler, try Harbor Court Hotel. There hasn't been a price hike in the last two years. From there, you'll find lots of same travelers with interesting and helpful tips along the way. :)

for us, we just stayed on site unless the cruise was longer than 8 days. that was our break even point( we used to live 20 minutes away from the port) versus taking a cab.

the nearby off site options are really only marginally less expensive and we felt much happier with the security arrangements at the port.

We have stayed at the Best Western in Elkridge, MD several times, and have always been happy with the hotel and its service. They have a shuttle to and from the port, and parking is included in the price. We find it to be cheaper to book through Trinity Reservations than to book directly with the hotel.

I second the Best Western in Elkridge. There's a restaurant next door with decent food and if you are looking for something to do in the evening, the shuttle will take you to a mall. I needed to go to a drug store and the driver even went in with me. He had worked there and knew exactly where I could find the item I wanted. He even got the pharmacist to wait on me right away.

Type of music is personal but another driver plays classical music to and from the port.:)