TV Show "Travel Guides" on a cruise

Perhaps, personally I think it really depends on the program as to whether it is one way or the other ( Left, Right or anywhere in between)

Sure, but his accusation was avoidance of simple bias. If he didn't mind some views then he would only select programs aligning with his political position, but it seems more a case that they are not completely aligned with his view, hence he considers them "biased."

I am not afraid to call a spade a spade. The family from Newcastle were nothing more than disgusting racist pigs who most likely suffer some form of mental illness for the degrading way they treat people in foreign countries. They are a disgrace to Australia and their actions are cringworthy. They are nothing more than bogans being paraded on national television to entertain unintelligent masses who have small minds and get amused at the slightest possible thing. For some people they are easily entertained by seeing someone getting hit in the groin by a football, this is a classic example of the type of entertainment this family provides, low brow for the unintelligent.

We don't agree on many things, but I'm saying I totally agree with this post. TOTALLY.

And we call a Spade a Spade as well.

I have not watched ABC for years due to political bias and fabricated news stories. SBS on the other hand has some really good documentaries and educational programs.

Classifying this travel guides show as entertaining and helpful is like saying it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of poop by the clean end.

Again agree, we are abc''s but relise there is a bias, but SBS is the One.

I don't know what you mean by bias but I am intelligent enough to know what is real and what isn't news such as what is presented as a info-mercial or propaganda.

The ABC has had continual bias against certain political parties. One example of fabricates news that I know they made up was in 2014 regarding the G20 in Brisbane, all the news agencies pretty much blamed Tony Abbott for Russia sending 3 warships to international waters close to the event. What the news agencies failed to mention was that this was pretty much standard operating procedure and had been done before. The USA does it on many occasions to serve as a safe haven for their President. Unfortunately the news beat this story up and made it sound like something it wasn't. Morale of the story is never believe anything is real that you see on television. This news story was fake and I dare say this television show that people are talking about is a staged parade of bogans also. I know the above is made up because I am ex-Navy and still have connections. Australia knew the warships were coming long before the media published it.

I could go on about the ABC like how they fill their QandA audiences with left wing biased bogans and demented idealists that seem to think laws that locking women up in the Gulf States (re DFAT website) for adultery while at the same time who are in fact victims of rape is a feminist law and a peaceful law. Given the ABC's continued employment of this uneducated fool is testament to their political bias. This woman on the ABC wants to suggest that a law is feminist and peaceful is pretty much equal to saying you can pick up a piece of poop by the clean end.

I do not take anything I see in the news seriously anymore and furthermore do not take television shows seriously anymore. Most television is full of garbage anyway.

The ABC has had continual bias against certain political parties. One example of fabricates news that I know they made up was in 2014 regarding the G20 in Brisbane, all the news agencies pretty much blamed Tony Abbott for Russia sending 3 warships to international waters close to the event. What the news agencies failed to mention was that this was pretty much standard operating procedure and had been done before.

For obvious reasons politics shouldn't belong in these threads.

However since you have insisted on trashing its reputation, someone should speak up for the ABC.

You complain about the supposed bias of the ABC and then provide as an example something that allegedly came from "all the news agencies". How the ABC is supposed to be "all the news agencies" I don't know. What your complaints about the ABC prove, I don't know, because they are incoherent.

Here is a link to an ABC article on your Russian topic:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-12/defence-monitors-russian-naval-vessels-north-of-australia/5887134

Perhaps you can quote from there some examples of the bias you claim to see. I see none.

I have not watched ABC for years due to political bias and fabricated news stories. SBS on the other hand has some really good documentaries and educational programs.

Classifying this travel guides show as entertaining and helpful is like saying it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of poop by the clean end.

And then again there are those that think their own poop does not smell regardless of which end you try and pick it up from. :eek:

The ABC has had continual bias against certain political parties.

Neither example provided prove a bias.

The fist has the ABC reporting the facts, it was other agencies trying to link previous comments by Tony to the warships.

The second is ridiculous, as Q&A is a forum for discussion and is not news. Both the panel and the audience can come from any side of politics or belief and state their views. The ABC advertises the make up of the audience ratios to the parties and also the panellists.

I cannot agree about bias in the ABC for the news but obviously some content may lean one way or the other.

I do agree that most TV content is rubbish though.

Edited by MicCanberra