Carnival Censorship of Poor Reviews?

rougedawg

I recently tried to submit two reviews for excursions to Carnival and received a response reading "Unfortunately your review did not meet the guidelines for posting information on our website." I used no profanity, did not mention any competing companies, and certainly did not mention any names. I was pretty factual though about a snorkel excursion not including fins and charging an additional fee for water shoes and another excursion where the included lunch got a couple of us sick that night. Anyone have similar instances of Carnival refusing to publish poor reviews? I always took them with a grain of salt, but probably won't even read them from now on.

I recently tried to submit two reviews for excursions to Carnival and received a response reading "Unfortunately your review did not meet the guidelines for posting information on our website." I used no profanity, did not mention any competing companies, and certainly did not mention any names. I was pretty factual though about a snorkel excursion not including fins and charging an additional fee for water shoes and another excursion where the included lunch got a couple of us sick that night. Anyone have similar instances of Carnival refusing to publish poor reviews? I always took them with a grain of salt, but probably won't even read them from now on.

They only want good ones.

I once submitted 2 reviews, one was extremely positive and the other extremely negative. I bet you can guess which one was published and which one did not meet their guidelines and was therefore not published.

I've read plenty of bad reviews on the Carnival website - it sounds like your reviews didn't meet their guidelines:

We want to publish your review, so please:

• keep your review focused on the shore excursion
  • refrain from mentioning competitors, prices, promotions, or time sensitive details
  • do not include any personally identifiable information, such as full names
  • avoid writing about customer service; contact us instead if you have issues requiring immediate attention

Maybe you should make the necessary changes and resubmit them.

I only review things on TripAdvisor. A neutral site, no censorship, and lots of unbiased reviews.

Most likely you stated that people got sick later in the day from the food.....which can't be proven that it was related to the food served on the excursion. Change the review without making assumptions and try again.

You can't mention pricing at all

Hi guys. Just a shameless plug for the obvious: Why not review them on Cruise Critic? (We're owned by TripAdvisor.)

In addition to your ship and overall experience, you can also review ports, excursions and even individual cabins here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

There are lots of negative reviews for shore excursions - they are just very strict when applying their criteria for publishing any review (good or bad).

You can always review your submission against their guidelines, tweak it and resubmit it.

I once submitted a Carnival shore excursion review which was rejected. I didn't realize that I had violated their posting policy by mentioning a similar Celebrity excursion. When I took out that reference and re-submitted the negative post, it was published.

I recently submitted another negative Carnival excursion review and it is now on their site.

If you feel so strongly about your negative experience, you are free to post your unfavorable review on FB, Youtube, CC or other type of social media. Just don't expect a business to assist you in hurting its own image or bottomline. Why would they do that?

I have an upcoming cruise with Carnival and I have read every review for every excursion that is available. I have found tons of bad reviews all on the Carnival website. I have never written one so im not sure how all that works but like I said there are so many bad reviews that im not even sure how they continue selling them.

You can't mention pricing at all

^^ this. if you make any mention of money, they won't publish.

I once tried to submit a very good review of an excursion and mentioned we got a 10% discount because they had showed up late. They wouldn't accept it.