seafood shack

Has anyone tried the new Seafood Shack? What did you have and did you like it? Is it worth the charge?

We went on b2b cruises in January on the Triumph this was the first time I had tried the Seafood Shack and I did enjoy I. I did not explore the menu very much though. I tried the fried clams on the second day LOVED them and had them each afternoon on the remainder of both cruises.

if I remember the upcharge was $5.00 and they gave a very generous portion.

To me it was well worth the extra charge.

I was on the Vista and had the clam chowder in a bread bowl numerous times. $7 I think.

Not going to answer the "Was it worth it question". I have no idea what "worth it" means to you.

Has anyone tried the new Seafood Shack? What did you have and did you like it? Is it worth the charge?

We had the Fried Buffalo Shrimp, Fish and Chips, and the Fried Clam Strips and Shrimp on the Vista. It was a good deal compared to land restaurants. Everything was served fresh and hot. [emoji6] We will definitely try more of the menu on the Horizon. [emoji7]

8e254e8371ab89c34711ae2a4da2ed3b.jpg6fb9ed23e3c63acc93ca21028516fed5.jpg0b5fff26327878f0f0b070b6ee3006ff.jpg910dcd4596bf0f032d99cd84cbd21e48.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Vista we had the lobster rolls and crab cake sliders. Both were delicious, especially lobster roll. They give you two of each with fries so it is very generous for what you pay. A nice little splurge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was on the Conquest in October for the Seafood Shack first cruise. It was okay but really greasy. Lobster rolls were small for the price.

We had the seafood platter and lobster rolls. Did take a little while to get but we were on vacation. No rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had the fried clams. Personally didnt think they were anything to write home about. It took forever for them to come out too...like 20 minutes and there was only one other person there. I don't know if this is the norm. Maybe others can comment on their time.

Price wise it's pretty reasonable for the amount they give you.

We had the lobster rolls on the Conquest and definitely not worth it. So little filling that all you could taste was the buttered roll. We are usually very easy to please, but both DH and I were very disappointed.

Maybe is it just on the Conquest or maybe just that day but with all the options I don't think we will try it again.

The Legend has the Seafood Shack. We cruised to Alaska in May. My daughter and I shared the seafood platter a couple of times, and it was worth the $10 to us. We were able to eat a little of this, a little of that, etc and try it all.

I tried the Crab Cake Sliders, on the Liberty, and thought they were pretty good, The only problem that I had with them is that there is a gratuity added to them. I always tip extra so my $8 sliders ended up costing $12. They were good enough for $8 but I don't think they were worth $12. I ll try the Shack again.

OP like most food ? You get varied opinions. CruisingAgain and DH were very disappointed and Winddawn said they were delicious.

Maybe they sailed different ships who knows, it's just that one's tastes are soooooo different.