Any Other Website Besides Photo Bucket?

cruisexlife

Help!!! As you know, photobucket is now holding everyone's photos hostage until you pay $500 to them, so I re-downloaded photos to amazon prime photos.

I can't figure out how to get them on the post!! The script is too big and I only see a small box. Here is an example: https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/

V2cujS5nmV8J76Yo9NZLkEtjWCc5ueibbCbJH99FgS9

I tried doing all sorts of thing with what you posted, and I cannot make it work.

Here is the script for the photo above with the two girls ...

https://content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/3f5eWmN6XRaVI3syx8W8pd0PqDEuGwIza_tnYOoF3wIpX92IB?viewBox=1200%2C675

When put into the popup box, this is the result ...

3f5eWmN6XRaVI3syx8W8pd0PqDEuGwIza_tnYOoF3wIpX92IB?viewBox=1200%2C675

So it does work. Are you sure you are getting the correct script?

Edited by Cuizer2

However, your script does not appear to be correct. Note the "http://" at the beginning of my script and the ".jpg" at the end. Your picture has a unique URL, thus the need for the "http://" and software needs to know what kind of picture it is, thus the need for the ".jpg" at the end (it does not need to .jpg, it could be .tif or any photograph format that the software will recognize).

In the case of the Amazon address, I did a little experimenting and the code for my photos above contains no easily discernible (though it's buried in there) file type, only a display frame measurement. Trust Amazon to do something different.

Address: [noparse]https://content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/wp6UFj5LzCkcc8zaVuAj27two4-7kiOA-GhXDjpeu10pX92IB?viewBox=736%2C414[/noparse]

Image:

wp6UFj5LzCkcc8zaVuAj27two4-7kiOA-GhXDjpeu10pX92IB?viewBox=736%2C414

You can even play with the viewBox setting in the script - here I changed it to viewBox=736%2C207 from viewBox=736%2C414:

wp6UFj5LzCkcc8zaVuAj27two4-7kiOA-GhXDjpeu10pX92IB?viewBox=736%2C207

All I had to do for the script is double-click the image into view mode, right-click to get the Chrome context menu and choose Copy Image Address:

p2436611276-4.jpg

Dave

In the case of the Amazon address, I did a little experimenting and the code for my photos above contains no easily discernible (though it's buried in there) file type, only a display frame measurement. Trust Amazon to do something different.

Address: [noparse]https://content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/wp6UFj5LzCkcc8zaVuAj27two4-7kiOA-GhXDjpeu10pX92IB?viewBox=736%2C414[/noparse]

Image:

wp6UFj5LzCkcc8zaVuAj27two4-7kiOA-GhXDjpeu10pX92IB?viewBox=736%2C414

You can even play with the viewBox setting in the script - here I changed it to viewBox=736%2C207 from viewBox=736%2C414:

wp6UFj5LzCkcc8zaVuAj27two4-7kiOA-GhXDjpeu10pX92IB?viewBox=736%2C207

All I had to do for the script is double-click the image into view mode, right-click to get the Chrome context menu and choose Copy Image Address:

p2436611276-4.jpg

Dave

Yes I noticed that and corrected my post while you were posting. I tried fooling around with spleenstomper's script, but I couldn't get it to work, so I gave up.

I really liked Photobucket's slide show. It allowed me to post a lot more photos in my review (cause adding the photos one at a time into the review was slow and boring). So I'll have to fine a replacement prior to Thanksgiving so I can post photos from my next cruise.

I don't pay for extra storage. Just what is included with my Prime. Could be the difference.

Edit: display the image, right-click on it and "Copy Image Address" via the Chrome pop-up menu.

Live and learn....

Dave

Your name seemed familiar and I finally placed it. As I recall, a while back, you posted some fantastic photos and we ended up having a short back and forth regarding picture taking. One of the things I was doing was stitching several photos together to make one long panoramic photo. I don't do that as much any more, since I now have a DSLR (DX format) with an 11 - 16 zoom. Set at eleven I can get an entire cruise ship cabin in one photo while standing inside the door.

DSC_7803_zps6uzgroqt.jpg

Cab_5071_zpskvoeqgnp.jpg

Cab_5074_zps3khdscot.jpg

Cab_5244_zpsectehqi6.jpg

1-3_zpsa4gk5fw4.jpg

A130_zpsu2tuined.jpg

I'm on my ipad, which may be a source of the problem. Thanks for trying!

I don't have access to any Apple products other than the one pictured below:

p2259514508-4.jpg

After many years, I finally found a use for them! :)

On a serious note, my son will be out here in a couple of weeks and I'll be able to try a few things on his iPad. (Unless he drops it in the water too, in which case I'll have a snack tray to match my coaster!) I'll post if I find a way.

Dave

I don't have access to any Apple products other than the one pictured below:

p2259514508-4.jpg

After many years, I finally found a use for them! :)

On a serious note, my son will be out here in a couple of weeks and I'll be able to try a few things on his iPad. (Unless he drops it in the water too, in which case I'll have a snack tray to match my coaster!) I'll post if I find a way.

Dave

Have you tried the grocery store? They have lots of apple products at very reasonable prices.

Okay, I tried the download link in next to the picture linked to above. I ended up with a bigger picture, except it is upside down. Are you posting from Australia, or was the picture taken near Australia? But now I know it is a Carnival ship.

Lol. No. I am in the US. The pic was taken in either roatan or belize

I went to the link Cruizer2 posted

Right-clicked on the image (not the download link)

Chose "copy link address"

Pasted the address into the address bar,

Went to the address which was the normal non-download view with the black background

Right-clicked on the image and chose "Copy Image Address:

And...

TrmQuLe190qswMIkUFBB2nJlVD2rD_PwoD468si5qtgeJxFPc?viewBox=1200%2C900

Try downloading the Google Chrome browser for IOS...?

Dave

Test

5sp-rVN6ik9ZPL-dSHNKYv_7cYXtYeVSdobkZ13CNZApX92IB?viewBox=1329%2C886

I call this "Sleeping Giant".

Cool. " Copy image location" on firefox. Are you using the mountain - insert image link - on CC? I couldn't paste directly, I had to use that.

Vic

Save

That

That is correct. You don't paste directly, you should use the little yellow mountain icon.

I wrote to Photobucket and explained I was not willing to pay $400 per year just to be able to post on a third party site. Many sites will allow such posting for 1/3 or even 1/4 of that or less. Here is the reply I received ...

Photobucket Team (Photobucket Support)

Jul 27, 12:36 PM MDT

Hello!

Based on our Terms of Use, as a valued Plus member you will continue to have 3rd Party Hosting capabilities until December 31, 2018 with your current Plus subscription as long as you maintain your account.

After December 31, 2018 we ask that you please upgrade your account to the Plus 500 subscription plan. If you upgrade your account to our Plus 500 subscription before that date, please email us at plus@photobucket.com so that we can ensure uninterrupted 3rd Party Hosting capabilities.

We hope this helps clarify. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

If you would still like to cancel, let us know.

Thank you,

Coming in a bit late, but Smugmug is $99 per year and allows unlimited linking (with stats) and unlimited storage. I think the $4 per month version allows it too. I use the Power version because I have to restrict views of certain galleries....

https://www.smugmug.com/features

I can get a referral credit if anyone is interested (Full disclosure) - just email me at panamacanal@pamandjeff.net and I will send you a link...

I wrote to Photobucket and explained I was not willing to pay $400 per year just to be able to post on a third party site. Many sites will allow such posting for 1/3 or even 1/4 of that or less. Here is the reply I received ...

Photobucket Team (Photobucket Support)

Jul 27, 12:36 PM MDT

Hello!

Based on our Terms of Use, as a valued Plus member you will continue to have 3rd Party Hosting capabilities until December 31, 2018 with your current Plus subscription as long as you maintain your account.

After December 31, 2018 we ask that you please upgrade your account to the Plus 500 subscription plan. If you upgrade your account to our Plus 500 subscription before that date, please email us at plus@photobucket.com so that we can ensure uninterrupted 3rd Party Hosting capabilities.

We hope this helps clarify. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

If you would still like to cancel, let us know.

Thank you,

By this time next year, they may have revised their fee structure...But they have lost me. I am securely with Shutterfly now. EM

By this time next year, they may have revised their fee structure...But they have lost me. I am securely with Shutterfly now. EM

Yes, I'm not sure how Photobucket will react if too many people quit. If more than ten quit for ever new one who is paying $400 per year, I think that Photobucket might end up losing even more money.

Coming in a bit late, but Smugmug is $99 per year and allows unlimited linking (with stats) and unlimited storage. I think the $4 per month version allows it too. I use the Power version because I have to restrict views of certain galleries....

https://www.smugmug.com/features

I can get a referral credit if anyone is interested (Full disclosure) - just email me at panamacanal@pamandjeff.net and I will send you a link...

How do you like Smugmug? That's the direction I'm leaning right now. Probably will sign up for a trial this weekend, and if I'm OK, look at the Power version for the control features.

"Supposedly" they have a Firefox based tool (have to install Firefox again for at least a few minutes...) to migrate your Photobucket gallery to their site. Eventually, I still end up breaking 11 years worth of links across the web, but...

flickr.com still allows linking with free accounts, and they're only $50 a year to upgrade to Pro. Not had any problems so far.

I agree, I have used flickr for years and have never had any issues.