Remarried on my Carnival Glory Cruise Feb'18..suggestions

CLS/KAS

I will be cruisin' Feb'18 on the Glory. I wanted to surprise my wife of 35yrs' by getting remarried. I just looked up what Carnival is asking...and about fell off my chair. I am going to Grand Cayman/Isle of Rotaan/Belize/Cozumel. might have to find a local church on an Island.

Has anyone else had to deal w this? open to suggestions. My best man and bridesmaid will be there from 35 yrs ago.. pretty cool! :D

Don't plan on Cayman - that island is missed too frequently due to weather.

If you aren't messing with licenses and such things, I would think it would be pretty easy to get a local person to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My niece and nephew didn't want a legally recognized marriage (they are radical libertarians and very religious) so they brought an elder from their church and just had a private ceremony under God in Mexico a few years ago. Assuming you guys aren't divorced and actually need/want a legal union, that could be an option you could explore.

So long as you are just looking to do the ceremony, there is no reason not to do it on the ship. The chapel is usually empty, so pick a time and head over. You don't actually need anyone to lead the ceremony, just meet at the alter area and say some vows. Bring along some music to play, book the steakhouse for that evening. It would be casual, but still loads of fun.

If you wanted to set it up as a surprise book a private photo package, have your wife dress up nice and tell her you really want some nice photos, than head to the chapel with the photographer and surprise, away you go!! Although maybe give the photographer a heads up, so he knows. (Have your friends meet you there with flowers for a bouquet)

Alternatively book one of the private yacht excursions (I'd do it independently rather than through the ship) and let them know your plans. Say your vows on the deck of a private yacht. Have champagne to toast and do a private sailing!

However you do it have a great time!!

All VERY good suggestions! I am trying to surprise her.. so have to play that angle :cool:

open to any others... Yacht sounds interesting..as well as the others. I love to surprise my DW!

If you want to renew your vows, don't do it on Carnival - over $800 and a ridiculous price. DH and I renewed our vows on Holland America for $142. The Captain performed the ceremony, we received champagne and appetizers, live music, an album with several large photos with us alone and one with the Captain. It was a lovely ceremony and more than what Carnival offers for a fraction of the cost.

If you decide to go with Carnival and your cruise goes to Half Moon Cay, there is a small chapel there. Friends of ours renewed their vows there, but back when it didn't cost so much.

I assume because she is already your wife you are just renewing your vows and don't need marriage licenses and all that. Since you aren't going to half moon cay you don't really need an ordained minister or anything. I would just google the ports you are going to and renew vows and see what stuff pops up. You can do it on a beach and can have your best man and bridesmaid say whatever you want to say. Because its a surprise she won't be able to prepare her own vows but she can't speak from the heart. Either way it goes you don't need all the legal stuff which should make it more fun.

• 3 months later...
I assume because she is already your wife you are just renewing your vows and don't need marriage licenses and all that. Since you aren't going to half moon cay you don't really need an ordained minister or anything. I would just google the ports you are going to and renew vows and see what stuff pops up. You can do it on a beach and can have your best man and bridesmaid say whatever you want to say. Because its a surprise she won't be able to prepare her own vows but she can't speak from the heart. Either way it goes you don't need all the legal stuff which should make it more fun.

So, here is my update..

above makes the most sense for me..I have one of two choices..

either on Formal night when we are dressed.. (Yes, my wife still has me in a tux.. after 10 cruises' but hey, always ends happy!;p) we can go to the chapel, etc, and do something small. Or go out on to the Islands' and find a romantic spot, (which there are plenty of). Getting closer guys! tks again for the input

Chris

So, here is my update..

either on Formal night when we are dressed.. (Yes, my wife still has me in a tux.. after 10 cruises' but hey, always ends happy!;p) we can go to the chapel, etc, and do something small. Or go out on to the Islands' and find a romantic spot, (which there are plenty of). Getting closer guys! tks again for the input

Chris

We did it in the chapel and a friend acted as our officiant. He downloaded renewal vows and printed them out and brought them on the cruise! It was so awsome! And didn't cost a thing but the flowers I held!

So, here is my update..

Chris

I must admit I'm curious as heck. How long will it have been since your divorce and remarriage? This is amazing and outside of La La Land very rare indeed.

We did something similar to this several years ago. It was not a surprise though. We brought our own fake flowers (can't bring real) aboard and some music to play. On the first day we wandered the ship and found a really nice quiet spot at the very front of the ship and held a do-it-yourself ceremony on the formal night. It was just us and one other couple and the other couple guided it along saying a few words about us and out time together and then let the couple say their vows. Then the other couple closed the ceremony with a champagne toast. It actually turned out better than what the ship offered since we were able to pick the location, time and all of that on our own. A few people wandering around steered clear when they saw what was going on and a few watched from a distance and said congratulations when it was over. The only cost to us was a cake we ordered to be delivered at dinner and the champagne! So you can definitely do it without a carnival officer to officiate! It's fun and will make for some great memories!

I must admit I'm curious as heck. How long will it have been since your divorce and remarriage? This is amazing and outside of La La Land very rare indeed.

LOL.. DW and I will be celebrating 35 yrs..

I never gave her the wedding she wanted..I was in the Marines, 19, and shipping out to Japan.

She was 17, and pregnant.. we got married in Los Vegas, at "The Little Chapel of the Flowers".

5 kids later, still in love, and enjoying our new freedom....:D

keep up if you all can!! lol