Restaurant Recommendations in NO for Large Group

MickeyNicki

We are traveling with a large party (15) in March. It is a group of 3 families and includes 9 kids. Ages ranging from 11-18. We usually travel every year this same time but this is the largest group we've had. We usually eat at Deannie's and have enjoyed it every year. We like the food and it's not too fancy but yet is still nice. Since they don't take reservations, I don't want to show up with a group of 15. I would like to find a place I can make reservations since we have so many. I would also like to find a seafood place or one that at least serves seafood. Any suggestions?

This is a tough one. Some places that take reservations, but that I have not eaten at, include:

Red Fish Grill (on Bourbon)

Superior Sea Food (on St. Charles in the Garden District). This is constantly recommended to me, but I never seem to be able to get there (http://www.superiorseafoodnola.com/). They also have a tab on their website for private functions.

Otherwise, have you called places like

Acme Oyster House or Mr. Ed's to see if they can take reservations for a large party (which is sometimes the policy even for places that do not take reservations generally)?

I hope this helps!

dctravel

We are traveling with a large party (15) in March. It is a group of 3 families and includes 9 kids. Ages ranging from 11-18. We usually travel every year this same time but this is the largest group we've had. We usually eat at Deannie's and have enjoyed it every year. We like the food and it's not too fancy but yet is still nice. Since they don't take reservations, I don't want to show up with a group of 15. I would like to find a place I can make reservations since we have so many. I would also like to find a seafood place or one that at least serves seafood. Any suggestions?

We did Brennans a year ago with 13......one long table....DID have reservations....and the food was great!