Earliest check-in time for Triumph, NOLA

pjfnme

Hello all! The earliest check-in time available when I completed my documents was 11:00. Does anyone know if this is the earliest or does the terminal open earlier than that? We are platinum and I like to get on board as early as I can. I haven't been out of NOLA in a while so I wasn't sure what time they were allowing guests to actually board. Thanks in advance!

Platinum can choose from the earliest time which in your case is 11:00. If there were an earlier time, it would show as available to you.

I thought Platinum and Diamonds had to select a time slot, but that time slot was insignificant since P&D's can enter the terminal whenever they arrive.

I think the OP was just asking what the earliest time for them entering the terminal could be. Or when does the terminal open in the morning?

We had a 10:30AM check in slot for the Dream last month. I think we waited in the terminal until 11:30 to board.

I thought Platinum and Diamonds had to select a time slot, but that time slot was insignificant since P&D's can enter the terminal whenever they arrive.

I think the OP was just asking what the earliest time for them entering the terminal could be. Or when does the terminal open in the morning?

We had a 10:30AM check in slot for the Dream last month. I think we waited in the terminal until 11:30 to board.

That is correct. If you are Platinum, the earliest time slot that exists for that sailing will be able to be selected by you. Whereas someone who isn’t Priority, will have the later times. They are only allowing Priority to see and be able to select the very first time. So if you are Platinum and the first time that shows is 11AM, then that In fact is the earliest. I found this out on my Conquest and Glory cruise.

That is correct. If you are Platinum, the earliest time slot that exists for that sailing will be able to be selected by you. Whereas someone who isn’t Priority, will have the later times. They are only allowing Priority to see and be able to select the very first time. So if you are Platinum and the first time that shows is 11AM, then that In fact is the earliest. I found this out on my Conquest and Glory cruise.

Either that is a new policy or you got some bad information. Four months out I was able to select the very first check-in time for the first cruise out of Seattle with staggered check-in(5/8/17). I didn't get FTTF until four days before the cruise. I turned gold on that cruise.

Either that is a new policy or you got some bad information. Four months out I was able to select the very first check-in time for the first cruise out of Seattle with staggered check-in(5/8/17). I didn't get FTTF until four days before the cruise. I turned gold on that cruise.

I didn’t get bad information - I experienced it myself. It wasn’t that way in March, but it was in August and most recently in October. I booked my Conquest cruise 2 weeks before and am Platinum. I was able to select the first check in time of 11:00am even on that short of notice.

In October, my mom was going in her own cabin. Couldn’t get FTTF, the earliest check in time for her was 12:30. Later on an 11:30 popped up and she snagged it. 10 days before the cruise I got her FTTF and she was able to select 10:30 just like me right then and there. I had 10:30 from the beginning since I am Platinum. Before she got FTTF, I even tried “giving up” my 10:30 so she could get it, it didn’t work that way.

So it appears they have changed the way they do things.

We are Platinum and have sailed out of NOLA twice since staggered started. One time the earliest checkin was 10:30 and we went in the terminal at 9:30. Next time earliest checkin was 11:00 and we entered around 10:00 so the terminal does open earlier than the first checkin time for Prioity. I think that is what you were asking. Also both times there were quite a few people already in the terminal.

After rereading OP I see my answer above was not what they asked. Even though we were in the terminal earlier than first checkin time, we still had to wait to board. Boarding started at about 11:30.

Thanks so much. Yes, that was my question. I wasn't sure what the difference was between earliest check in and boarding time for priority boarding. No sense getting there early if we can't get on board at that time.

Thanks so much. Yes, that was my question. I wasn't sure what the difference was between earliest check in and boarding time for priority boarding. No sense getting there early if we can't get on board at that time.

We have cruised from NOLA about a dozen times, we have never seen boarding begin before 11:45. I agree with you, there are many ways to spend a morning that are more fun than sitting in a terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums