I think it is really easy (option-wise) to stay LCHF on a cruise. The breads and breakfast pastries are all pretty generic, IMO, so they are easier for me to avoid, despite the fact that I used to love a danish or donut in the morning with coffee. On our last cruise I did have dessert almost every night (sweets are my weakness,) pizza once or twice when we were too tired to even make it to the buffet for dinner, and maybe two fruity-type alcoholic drinks our entire ten days. We are incredibly active on our trips and generally gone the entire day in port so I'm not around food all day and also burning A LOT of calories. I think it is really important to go into the trip with a strong diet and no "cheats" or bad days for a while before. If I go into it with a fat burning body it is so much easier to avoid the sugar. If I go into it wavering, or with recent cheats, I'm going to have a much more difficult time saying no to the little things.I AGREE - I feel so much better eating LCHF and Keto - just keep saying, 'this is not a diet - it is MY WOE (way of eating) for life - therefore - I will stay with it"!
My advice is the same I dish out for everyday life:
1. Ask them to not bring bread to the table at the start of dinner. This can be a huge trap for me, so just not having in front of me is the best option.
2. If you want [carb] that's fine. Fill your plate with your protein/fat, eat all of that, and if you STILL want your carb item, eat it. I find that most of the time I am too full for it, or I will have one bite and realize, ugh, this wasn't as good as I had imagined.
3. If you are a drink lover have 2 waters for every alcoholic drink.
4. If you really want a dessert and don't care for the sugar free option, have it, enjoy it, move on.
I don't know about you but eating LCHF/keto has made a world of difference in my general health as far as digestion, migraines, energy. Now that I have been keto for 2 years, LCHF 3 years prior to that, I can REALLY feel the negative effects of carbs pretty quickly and severely. I still have to remind myself of that when tempted.
Good luck! Enjoy yourself!
355 Days at Sea = Royal - D+ = Celebrity - Elite
* Sign up for RCL Meet & Mingle: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccSearch.do
Feb 2018 - Constellation 14 day -Singapore-Philippines -Vietnam-Hong Kong
Feb 2018 - Mariner -5 day - Singapore- Thailand - Malaysia
May 2018 - Ovation - 9 day - Japan
Oct 2018 - Anthem 9 day - New England/Canada
Oct 2018 - Anthem 5 day - Bahamas
Feb 2019 - Summit -7 day - Southern Caribbean
Mar 2019 - Eclipse - 14 day Argentina - Chile- Around the Horn
Mar 2019 - Eclipse - 15 day - Chile - San Diego