History/Culture, Animals, Beach?? - Cabo, Mazatlan, PV

Vibrantvirgo81

We are going on a cruise next October (6th - 13th) and have 3 stops. Which stop has the best excursions for History/Culture, animals (sea turtles, monkeys, parrots, dolphins, etc), and just general beach time? He likes to look for shells. I've tried looking and it looks like there really are SO many good options!

Assume you want to see animals in the wild as opposed to captive?

Cabo has a small museum in the plaza in front of the church. You’ll see lots of pelicans and sea lions in the marina. Look for the huge bull who hitches a ride on the back of the pangas. Many fish hang out in the marina next to the docks. You’ll be there at the beginning of whale watching season.

Puerto Vallarta’s Rio Cuale has lots of iguanas in the trees.

Haven’t found too many shells the few times we’ve gone to the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got back from Cabo and we had fun watching the sea lions. They would jump up on the back step of fishing boats and sit there looking for handouts. They usually get them too.

We saw a lot of dolphins in the bay going in towards Puerto Vallarta. We did an excursion to Las Celetas (sp?) in PV and they have an animal/bird show where monkeys and birds come and sit of people's arms. They provided a lovely lunch, all - inclusive drinks and a nice beach. I didn't see an abundance of shells, however. It's quite the jungle playground.

Assume you want to see animals in the wild as opposed to captive?

Cabo has a small museum in the plaza in front of the church. You’ll see lots of pelicans and sea lions in the marina. Look for the huge bull who hitches a ride on the back of the pangas. Many fish hang out in the marina next to the docks. You’ll be there at the beginning of whale watching season.

Puerto Vallarta’s Rio Cuale has lots of iguanas in the trees.

Haven’t found too many shells the few times we’ve gone to the beach.

Yes, in the wild would be my preference. Do you think it would be worth it to do a whale watching excursion? I'm reading Dec. is tut start of whale watching season.

Are there any excursions you recommend (either from Carnival or another site)?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Just got back from Cabo and we had fun watching the sea lions. They would jump up on the back step of fishing boats and sit there looking for handouts. They usually get them too.

We saw a lot of dolphins in the bay going in towards Puerto Vallarta. We did an excursion to Las Celetas (sp?) in PV and they have an animal/bird show where monkeys and birds come and sit of people's arms. They provided a lovely lunch, all - inclusive drinks and a nice beach. I didn't see an abundance of shells, however. It's quite the jungle playground.

Where did you find/purchase your excursion in PV?

You could take a whale watching tour from the ship or hire one from the pier. The advantage of a ship tour in Cabo is that you’ll be one of the first off.

You could take a whale watching tour from the ship or hire one from the pier. The advantage of a ship tour in Cabo is that you’ll be one of the first off.

I would love to do Whale Watching but am afraid we might be too early in the season and not see any. Do you think early Oct is too soon?

I would love to do Whale Watching but am afraid we might be too early in the season and not see any. Do you think early Oct is too soon?

Yes that will be too soon in the season. You might see some early arrivals around Cabo, but end of November and later is much better.