Sturgeron

forgap

Question: does stugeron need a prescription in Spain?? We are flying there tomorrow.

My doctor said to try it. Just in case. Thanks.

Sheila

Hi Sheila, it may not be helpful for you this time but i would be more than happy to post you some Stugeron from the UK if you can't find it on your travels.

Pam.

Hi Sheila, it may not be helpful for you this time but i would be more than happy to post you some Stugeron from the UK if you can't find it on your travels.

Pam.

Pam

That is so nice of you to offer to send me some. I will try to buy in Madrid and Lisbon. If I am unsuccessful, I will contact you. Thanks again!

Regards

Sheila

The generic name is Cinnarizine It is used to treat a number of problems. It is a type of antihistamine drug, sometimes known as a travel sickness or balance disorder treatment. It is used to treat vestibular disorders (balance disorders).

It is not sold in the US. But you can mail order it from Canada (Link Here)

About $35 of 100 25mg pill.

J

Hmm, I'll have to look into this. Didn't know you could get it in Canada. It's always a pain for me making sure I have Bonine, since it *isn't* available in Canada any more.

(Okay, it's looking like you can't get it at an OTC med in Canada, perhaps Jackie can confirm that. I see you can get it from "Canada Drugs" and such online, but I doubt I could get it from the drug store.

Pam

That is so nice of you to offer to send me some. I will try to buy in Madrid and Lisbon. If I am unsuccessful, I will contact you. Thanks again!

Regards

Sheila

You are more than welcome, i am an honest and genuine person and would do anything for anyone and you seem to be the same.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and look forward to hear about your adventures..

Pam.

Pam

Regards

Sheila

Sheila,

It is easily available online. So, if you can't get it on your trip, I'll send you a link. Easy easy peasy :D

Sheila,

It is easily available online. So, if you can't get it on your trip, I'll send you a link. Easy easy peasy :D

Aww, thanks Jackie for your imput. I was just giving Sheila some help and the snarky tone here doesn't help.

Hope your travels are going well and you have a fabulous cruise.

Hi Guys

Success. Forgot to buy them in Madrid. So we bought them in Sintra. But afterward, I noticed Herb purchased the 75 mg. package. They were capsules. He bought 2 boxes. So this morning he bought me the 25 mg tablets. Now I am loaded with stugeron. But I think the 75mg. will be too strong.

Opinions please. Thanks in advance.

Sheila

Hi Guys

Success. Forgot to buy them in Madrid. So we bought them in Sintra. But afterward, I noticed Herb purchased the 75 mg. package. They were capsules. He bought 2 boxes. So this morning he bought me the 25 mg tablets. Now I am loaded with stugeron. But I think the 75mg. will be too strong.

Opinions please. Thanks in advance.

Sheila

We take 1/4 - 1/2 of the 25 mg tablets when the Captain indicates that the seas will be rough. IMO, 75 mg. may be a bit strong. Although we have used Sturgeon for years, I learned on this cruise not to take them on an empty stomach -- it could cause nausea (worse that the seasickness). What part of the ship is your suite on? As you know, the Grand Suite forward really felt the motion of the ocean quite a bit while the mid-ship suites on lower decks were fine during last years crossing.

We also learned on this cruise that when the seas are a bit choppy (or has swells from 700 miles away -- such a strange concept) that the passengers tend to get tired and want to sleep a lot. Although we don't think about it, our legs/bodies are working to adjust to the movement of the ship. After a lot of sleeping, most passengers are fine by day 3.

We also learned on this cruise that when the seas are a bit choppy (or has swells from 700 miles away -- such a strange concept) that the passengers tend to get tired and want to sleep a lot. Although we don't think about it, our legs/bodies are working to adjust to the movement of the ship. After a lot of sleeping, most passengers are fine by day 3.

Just reverting to being babies. You know, being rocked? :)

We take 1/4 - 1/2 of the 25 mg tablets when the Captain indicates that the seas will be rough. IMO, 75 mg. may be a bit strong. Although we have used Sturgeon for years, I learned on this cruise not to take them on an empty stomach -- it could cause nausea (worse that the seasickness). What part of the ship is your suite on? As you know, the Grand Suite forward really felt the motion of the ocean quite a bit while the mid-ship suites on lower decks were fine during last years crossing.

We are in the Explorer suite #918. Not totally midship.

Does is work when you take 1/2 tablet when you are already seasick? I have a feeling this might be a rough crossing.

We are in the Explorer suite #918. Not totally midship.

Does is work when you take 1/2 tablet when you are already seasick? I have a feeling this might be a rough crossing.

Think that your suite is in a perfect location! Why do you think that it will be rougher than last year. Just was reading the "rules" about posting for your cruise - definitely a first. I'm mainly interested in learning from you and Peggy how the Explorer is this year as compared to last year (as well as about the food, service, etc.). Back to Sturgeon, Dennis and I are stunned that we were both seasick on the Mariner. In 30 cruises, only Dennis was seasick on the Navigator about 5 years ago. The Mariner is so calm - I truly don't "get it" but am happy that we now have our sea legs (what I needed was a sea stomach):evilsmile:

Safe travels and really looking forward to your reports.

Actually, several ounces of sturgeon caviar with numerous glasses of frozen vodka or aquavit works very well too. Rarely do comatose people get seasick....

But stugeron is bit less expensive, however.