general questions

deec

Can you order a simple "house salad" mixed greens with a few raw vegetables with your dinner in the MDR instead of what is listed. We never tried but sometimes I want a salad not fancy pears and watercress!

I can not remember if there are there q-tips in the little packs in the bathrooms?

Can you order a simple "house salad" mixed greens with a few raw vegetables with your dinner in the MDR instead of what is listed. We never tried but sometimes I want a salad not fancy pears and watercress!

I can not remember if there are there q-tips in the little packs in the bathrooms?

They always have Caesar on the menu, so I am guessing that they can put together a house salad as well.

I can't remember about qtips.

They always have Caesar on the menu, so I am guessing that they can put together a house salad as well.

I can't remember about qtips.

There were q-tips on our river cruise. I think Ocean has the same set up. I can tell you for sure in March!

There were q-tips on our river cruise. I think Ocean has the same set up. I can tell you for sure in March!

Q-tips. I think yes. But you can also pick up a little travel pack of q-tips and bring those with you. I found some at a local CVS and then just restock it from my mega-pack at home as needed. Did a search on Google so you can see what I'm referring to. The plastic container is quite durable. And fits neatly into my toiletries bag.

https://www.riteaid.com/shop/q-tips-cotton-swabs-purse-pack-30-swabs-8008604?gclid=CjwKCAiA9MTQBRAREiwAzmytw_Oh43pSG7WG9V8Ll1xwEn4tiU06oCJ9qbkuUB5Cuyv8ddZkRKXcJhoCU8cQAvD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Q-tips. I think yes. But you can also pick up a little travel pack of q-tips and bring those with you. I found some at a local CVS and then just restock it from my mega-pack at home as needed. Did a search on Google so you can see what I'm referring to. The plastic container is quite durable. And fits neatly into my toiletries bag.

https://www.riteaid.com/shop/q-tips-cotton-swabs-purse-pack-30-swabs-8008604?gclid=CjwKCAiA9MTQBRAREiwAzmytw_Oh43pSG7WG9V8Ll1xwEn4tiU06oCJ9qbkuUB5Cuyv8ddZkRKXcJhoCU8cQAvD_BwE

I do the same. Very convenient. However, deec is prepping for the world cruise and so she must be deciding if she needs to pack one of those 250 count boxes.

I just cannot even imagine taking a world cruise.....let alone prepping for it. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

And I am also pretty sure that I would be craving a green salad during all that time as well!

I've been reading their roll call just for some vicarious cruising. It's mind-boggling. My thought was first leaving my house and kitties for that long, but my word. Having someone drive your car. Income taxes (they will be away). Snail Mail. Hair coloring (and I would think hair cuts, etc). Having enough blank pages in your passport for the visas and the visa process :eek:

Still - I'd like to have those things to fret about and join them on this cruise. It sounds just wonderful! And Viking is taking VERY good care of them!

Quote]

Yes - I like plain salads - just lettuce and sliced tomato and dressing on the side. They brought it to me every night.

I do the same. Very convenient. However, deec is prepping for the world cruise and so she must be deciding if she needs to pack one of those 250 count boxes.

Didn't know. Hadn't noticed. Madame oblivious. [emoji849]

Thanks everyone...yes I was trying figure out if I needed to buy q-tips for 4 months!!! My little packet from Target was not going to be enough...How many Ibuprophen and Tylenol maybe only 60 but if I turn an ankle or DH hurts his back......2/day x 120 days.

How much sunscreen....

But it will all be worth it ....we are so fortunate to have this opportunity to see and experience so many wonderful places/people and are sharing it with long time friends! The people on our roll call all seem to be great fun and good travelers (not tourists) so the time will go quickly. I am however, already missing grandchildren.

I hope you all will post while on this incredible journey so we can live vicariously through you! Getting my arms around being gone THAT long (and we like what for us are extended vacations) is beyond my comprehension!! Just a crazy, wonderful, non-stop, far ending experience.

If I find someone who is blogging I will be sure to post it...a few are talking about it on the Roll Call. For a few this is NOT their first World Cruise.

I will try to occasionally post on here but you know how much we will be having and how exhausted you feel at the end of a great day!!! and of course wine with dinner and stars out on the Explorer's Lounge outside deck.

Dee, so jealous but it must be overwhelming. Can't wait to hear all about it. And, to be honest, I couldn't remember about the q tips either and we were onboard 3 weeks with you!:D:D I do remember that I forgot my shower "pouf" scrubber thing and couldn't find one anywhere in the 11 countries we were in! Had to use the washcloth just didn't "pouf" as much!:)

If I find someone who is blogging I will be sure to post it...a few are talking about it on the Roll Call. For a few this is NOT their first World Cruise.

I will try to occasionally post on here but you know how much we will be having and how exhausted you feel at the end of a great day!!! and of course wine with dinner and stars out on the Explorer's Lounge outside deck.

Trust me....the ask was purely selfish! I am guessing that committing myself would be a no-go.....so afterward we will look forward to your highlights!

Just go have a blast - and enjoy that silver spirits wine...and stars!!

Or you could start a "Live from the World Cruise" thread in this forum where everyone on the roll call could share their experiences with the rest of us and answer questions. Just hinting.

Or you could start a "Live from the World Cruise" thread in this forum where everyone on the roll call could share their experiences with the rest of us and answer questions. Just hinting.

Oh that would be wonderful! I would be following that faithfully. What a wonderful experience that must be. I think I need to buy more lottery tickets [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I usually do a "live" review as I go but have never done one for 17 weeks!! Will be counting on my fellow travelers to chime in as well and give a good feel about what is going on on board. Will post here on Viking Oceans..:cool:

I usually do a "live" review as I go but have never done one for 17 weeks!! Will be counting on my fellow travelers to chime in as well and give a good feel about what is going on on board. Will post here on Viking Oceans..:cool:

Looking forward to the World cruise thread here and your comments and other WCruisers.

In reading your roll call, I can feel the excitiment building as you all get closer to December.

Viking will have a wonderful christening of the Viking Sun during the world cruise too.

Looking forward to the World cruise thread here and your comments and other WCruisers.

In reading your roll call, I can feel the excitiment building as you all get closer to December.

Viking will have a wonderful christening of the Viking Sun during the world cruise too.

We have a lively crew shaping up on the Roll Call.... Reminds me of European Vacation just on a ship. You will have to figure out who the Griswolds are......:eek: