Ncl spirit cancelled from December 2016 to April 2017.

Baby Jayne

Received this email today and totally disappointed. It's still showing available on the website and it seems the Epic will be taking its place. Does anyone have any information?

Dear Valued Guest & Travel Partner:

On Monday 03 August 2015, Norwegian Cruise Line will announce exciting and exotic new itineraries for the Fall/Winter 2016/2017 deployment, bringing the world to guests who want to explore new sights while experiencing the freedom and flexibility that only Norwegian Cruise Line can offer.

As a result of the scheduling changes, Norwegian Spirit's 7-Day Caribbean sailings from 03 December 2016 to 17 April 2017 are no longer available. We sincerely apologise for these cancellations and would like to thank you for your understanding. Our goal is to ensure that you still have the vacation of a lifetime with Norwegian and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selecting another available sailing from the following options:

- Option 1: Select any of Norwegian Epic's 7-Day Caribbean sailings from 12 November 2016 to 25 March 2017 and your cruise fare will be protected.

- Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until 30 April 2017 at the selected sailings current published fare.

The new itineraries will be open for sale later this month, but will be exclusively available to you beginning, Monday 17 August 2015. To take action on your reservation, please contact us on 0845 201 8907 (opt #2). We look forward to hearing from you by Monday 24 August 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. If we do not receive a response by then, your reservations will be cancelled and deposits will be refunded.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you in selecting a new cruise vacation. Yours Sincerely,

UK Guest Services Norwegian Cruise Line

Received this email today and totally disappointed. It's still showing available on the website and it seems the Epic will be taking its place. Does anyone have any information?

Dear Valued Guest & Travel Partner:

On Monday 03 August 2015, Norwegian Cruise Line will announce exciting and exotic new itineraries for the Fall/Winter 2016/2017 deployment, bringing the world to guests who want to explore new sights while experiencing the freedom and flexibility that only Norwegian Cruise Line can offer.

As a result of the scheduling changes, Norwegian Spirit's 7-Day Caribbean sailings from 03 December 2016 to 17 April 2017 are no longer available. We sincerely apologise for these cancellations and would like to thank you for your understanding. Our goal is to ensure that you still have the vacation of a lifetime with Norwegian and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selecting another available sailing from the following options:

- Option 1: Select any of Norwegian Epic's 7-Day Caribbean sailings from 12 November 2016 to 25 March 2017 and your cruise fare will be protected.

- Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until 30 April 2017 at the selected sailings current published fare.

The new itineraries will be open for sale later this month, but will be exclusively available to you beginning, Monday 17 August 2015. To take action on your reservation, please contact us on 0845 201 8907 (opt #2). We look forward to hearing from you by Monday 24 August 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. If we do not receive a response by then, your reservations will be cancelled and deposits will be refunded.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you in selecting a new cruise vacation. Yours Sincerely,

UK Guest Services Norwegian Cruise Line

I am sailing on the Spirit this winter. I wanted to try the BA or the GA but I worried that the Spirit would be retired before I could experience her. I imagine that there probably isn't a better choice for the Asian market now that we know what we know.

My Transatlantic on board the Star (Copenhagen to Tampa) has also been cancelled. They have offered me 3 options but when I looked at these options on the NCL website they do not correspond? :confused:

My trip was 15 nights and the other options are 13 and 14 nights so their offer to maintain the original price isn't so generous.

There are obviously big changes ahead but I will wait for the announcement before I decide.

Star goes to asia most probable and spirit to australia...i thought they would send epic to asia but epic goes back to caribbean...all the big competitors bring their newest and biggest ships to asia at the moment maybe bliss goes there too when she is ready...very anxious about the announcement

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Transatlantic on board the Star (Copenhagen to Tampa) has also been cancelled. They have offered me 3 options but when I looked at these options on the NCL website they do not correspond? :confused:

My trip was 15 nights and the other options are 13 and 14 nights so their offer to maintain the original price isn't so generous.

There are obviously big changes ahead but I will wait for the announcement before I decide.

Any chance you could give any details of the other options? It might lead to hints about the upcoming deployment changes (i.e. is another ship replacing Star in Tampa)?

Thanks,

I am sailing on the Spirit this winter. I wanted to try the BA or the GA but I worried that the Spirit would be retired before I could experience her. I imagine that there probably isn't a better choice for the Asian market now that we know what we know.

I love the spirit and wish I could sail her again before she leaves the country. I wish NCL would give Boston back the spirit or even any other ship for a change. Tired of the dawn. Miss outside eating area and the galaxy of the stars. NCL! GETTING BORED!!!!!!!!

Oh, I thought someone posted it was going to the Caribbean, sorry.:o

Epic is going back to the Caribbean- see option 1 in Baby Jayne's post above. I just assumed that it would be replacing Spirit in Port Canaveral, but I guess it's still unclear until all the changes are officially announced.

Probably a stupid question but I have the Spirit booked out of PC Dec. 2016, if I choose the Epic where does it sail out of?:confused:

Barcelona.

From the OPs original post:

I had my eye on an 11 night Epic cruise in the Med for February 2017 so that won't be available now :(

I guess all of the low winter fares in the Med didn't make business sense anymore but I didn't think she would be back in the Caribbean based on the bathroom layout that a lot of people have issues with.....

Anybody have any insight as to how they match up cabin categories if you select a replacement cruise as offered above on a different ship where categories aren't the same? Example: The Star is likely to have the same situation it appears. We have an SJ Suite on the Star in October 2016. If we get a similar choice as the Sprit folks to sail on Epic instead, how exactly is the fare protected? There are no SJ suites on Epic.

I recieved this email about my Sun SA Jan 2017 trip

As a result of the scheduling changes, Norwegian Sun's 14-Day South America sailings from Buenos Aires and Santiago (Valparaiso) from December 3,

2016 to March 25, 2017 are no longer available. We sincerely apologize for these cancellations and would like to thank you for your understanding. Our

goal is to ensure that you still have the vacation of a lifetime with Norwegian and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selecting another available

sailing from the following options:

- Option 1: Select any of Norwegian Sun's new 14-Day or 15-Day South America sailings from Buenos Aires or Santiago (Valparaiso) from November 21,

2015 to March 26, 2016 (excluding holiday sailings) and January 6, 2017 to April 10, 2017 and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a

$100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H), a $150 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on

the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

- Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until April 30, 2017 at the selected sailings current published fare. If you choose this option, a

$100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H), a $150 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on

the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

The new itineraries will be open for sale later this month, but will be exclusively available to you beginning, Monday, August 17, 2015. To take action on

your reservation, please contact our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET Monday through Friday. We look forward to

hearing from you by Monday, August 24, 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. If we do not receive a response by then, your reservations will be

cancelled and deposits will be refunded.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you in selecting a new cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Will call them tomorrow and see what my options inlcude. It appears Jan 2017 may still be an option, but perhaps different dates, lenght of curise, or ports. But the sailings between Nov 2016 and Jan 2017 may not be offerred.

Disappointing yes, but with more than a year's notice, understandable.

The Epic is certainly a more than adequate replacement. If you choose

Option 1, you won't be disappointed!

I disagree. It's bait-and-switch.

We booked Epic in January for 2017 with KSF/UBP/UDP included in the fare.

If we're offered same cruise at same price as the rest of your note suggests, fine.

But changing to any-other-cruise is not a fair option, even if they toss in a measly $50 OBC.

They've held our deposit seven months.

In the meantime, we've missed out on other deals because we thought we had a cruise booked.

I'm sure we have no legal recourse; their contracts are written with many company-friendly loopholes. But it's poor practice to offer something for sale, attract a god-faith buyer, and then say "we're cancelling your cruise, thanks for the use of your $2500 deposit, go find yourself something else!"

I was honestly just thinking the same thing...unless they are protecting people's promos and types, I am curious if people like myself who booked fantastically low rates with the original deals will get screwed in the process. I don't think it applies to me (for now) as I am on the Dawn, but I would be furious if it did as we got the UBP, UDP, prepaid grats, and $200 OBC in a SJ suite and nothing could even come close to that anymore.

I had already thought it might be difficult to get some perks...for instance, the SDP will have been in effect 18 months by the time we cruise. Will the waiters seriously remember that the UDP included multiple entrees or will their computer systems still allow us to book multiple reservations for the same day even though it isn't on the SDP? It would seem that it would be difficult for a waitstaff to remember.

I obviously can't speak for you guys' specific situations, but I was 'bumped' from a cruise last year and was offered a very similar offer to the ones posted in this thread. They honored the rate at which I had booked my cruise, gave me $50 OBC, AND honored the $100 OBC that I had already gotten from booking the original cruise (meaning that I now have $150 OBC). So I don't see any reason why they would not let you keep any perks that you have.

On top of that, there were no studio rooms available on the Escape (the ship they bumped me to), so they gave me an inside room instead (which, to their systems, is an upgrade).

They were very nice and eager to make sure that I was happy with the changes. I imagine it would be the same for you.

I got the same email for my star cruise on 12/11/16. We are being replaced with the Jade out of Tampa and offered the same choices as others have posted with the exception of our ship being the Jade. We will see what the options are tomorrow when the new itineraries are announced but I am a teacher and the December 11 Cruise is the only one that I can go on! I'm not going to be very happy if that's no longer an option.

I was honestly just thinking the same thing...unless they are protecting people's promos and types, I am curious if people like myself who booked fantastically low rates with the original deals will get screwed in the process. I don't think it applies to me (for now) as I am on the Dawn, but I would be furious if it did as we got the UBP, UDP, prepaid grats, and $200 OBC in a SJ suite and nothing could even come close to that anymore.

I had already thought it might be difficult to get some perks...for instance, the SDP will have been in effect 18 months by the time we cruise. Will the waiters seriously remember that the UDP included multiple entrees or will their computer systems still allow us to book multiple reservations for the same day even though it isn't on the SDP? It would seem that it would be difficult for a waitstaff to remember.

My thoughts too. We are sailing Nov 2016 on Dawn and got an amazing deal with UDP (all 4 passengers), UB (all 4 passengers), pre paid grats (passengers 1 and 2) and excursion credits per port. We are in an SJ.

With all the changes I go back and forth between cancelling or staying. A lot can happen in 18 months - good and bad. Hard to pull the trigger on cancelling when we paid only $3100 for this package. However, I'm not willing to pay that for a crappy cruise. The suite life is what we love about NCL. So that always comes into play.

Only other option for us is RCC but I'm not sold. Shouldn't planning a vacation be easy?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hi I know this is a good ship replacement but this is for my daughters wedding and I have been on the Epic and returning on the epic this April so really didn't want a 3rd time on it. I will have to call them but March isn't an option so think I may end up with a refund which is disappointing.

My options to replace Transatlantic on Star:

1. 13 day from Barcelona to Port Canaveral aboard Epic - 30th Oct

2. 14 day from Barcelona to Tampa aboard Jade- 30th October

As the dates have changed I would like to know what the itineraries are now and have so many other questions. Hope they've got extra people on the switchboards!

I got the same e-mail. Spoke to NCL this morning, they have no further information. Agree with the options not being generous. We had penthouse suite booked, asked if we then would be given Haven suite on Epic, but they could not respond.