What happened to Caribean 7 day cruises out of NY in January?

MATHA531

For several years in the past, I have taken the 7 day Caribean cruise out of NYC going to Florida, the private island, Bahama and back. This doesn't exist this coming January. Not on NCL. Not on RC (even though going out of Bayonne is a royal bpain in the neck for me or anywhere. Instead they have both the Gem and Breakaway skipping Florida and the Bahamas but going to San Juan and other places I'm not interested in. Makes no sense to me.

Norwegian Gem shows Florida/Bahamas itinerary well into 2016 out of NYC. What months are you looking for? Some months it does northern route into Canada and some months it does longer cruises down into the Caribbean

** Sorry didn't realize you were looking at January, that's when it will be doing 10 day lower into the Caribbean

Edited by Ontime Departure

I'm talking January 2016. They have the departures in December and February. I've done the itinerary I want in January for the past several years (7 days NYC Port Canaveral private island Bahamas and back). It's a great itinerary and 7 days is what many of us have. It doesn't seem there are any 7 days cruises out of NYC in January 2016.

Just to clarify in the past, NCL had two ships coming out of NYC in January. The gem did the 7 day itinerary above while the Breakaway did the longer cruise. No 7 day cruises, it looks like, out of NYC this cming January. It always seemed a very popular cruise. I just don't get it.

Edited by MATHA531

Only one I saw was Carnival out of Baltimore in January, not as easy a trip as NYC but only 4 hr or so drive from NY. I know what your saying, did that trip a couple of times.

Why should I have to drive to Baltimore when NYC is home port for two NCL ships and I have platinum status on NCL as much as I hate them?

Edited by MATHA531

For several years in the past, I have taken the 7 day Caribean cruise out of NYC going to Florida, the private island, Bahama and back. This doesn't exist this coming January. Not on NCL. Not on RC (even though going out of Bayonne is a royal bpain in the neck for me or anywhere. Instead they have both the Gem and Breakaway skipping Florida and the Bahamas but going to San Juan and other places I'm not interested in. Makes no sense to me.

Their is a higher demand for the 10 day cruises, more time in warm weather

There weren't any 7 day Florida/Bahamas cruises in January out of NYC in 2014 or 2015. The GEM does the 9-10 day Caribbean cruises, and the Breakaway has done 12 day options the last 2 years, and will be doing a 14 day Caribbean option for 2016 and most likely for 2017.

The longer cruises sell well, and get you to warmer ports away from the cold of Winter. :)

There weren't any 7 day Florida/Bahamas cruises in January out of NYC in 2014 or 2015. The GEM does the 9-10 day Caribbean cruises, and the Breakaway has done 12 day options the last 2 years, and will be doing a 14 day Caribbean option for 2016 and most likely for 2017.

The longer cruises sell well, and get you to warmer ports away from the cold of Winter. :)

I stand corrected; thank you (I thought I had done the GEM recently in January but I guess in my golden years, the years run together. Oh well. I still think it is idiotic not to have 7 day cruises out of NYC in January. Lots of people take holidays in January of 7 days. Still doesn't make sense to me.

I stand corrected; thank you (I thought I had done the GEM recently in January but I guess in my golden years, the years run together. Oh well. I still think it is idiotic not to have 7 day cruises out of NYC in January. Lots of people take holidays in January of 7 days. Still doesn't make sense to me.

The prices were bargain basement because it's too cold to be outside for half the cruise. You could sail from NYC in a balcony for less than an inside out of Miami. If I ran the company, I'd ditch that itinerary, too.

Where are you getting this info from? I just checked NCL's web site for the Breakaway in Feb. 2016 and she is sailing that 7-day itinerary to Florida and the Bahamas three times in Feb. (Also in Dec. 2015.)

Where are you getting this info from? I just checked NCL's web site for the Breakaway in Feb. 2016 and she is sailing that 7-day itinerary to Florida and the Bahamas three times in Feb. (Also in Dec. 2015.)

Hi...I think I said the itinerary was available in December and in February. Unfortunately I can only cruise in January and then only for a week at a time. But thanks anyway. (Nothing out of NY or NJ to the Bahamas in January 2016 and too expensive and inconvenient to fly to Florida to spend 3 or 4 days on a Bahamas cruise).

Edited by MATHA531

I appreciate your suggestion but can't drive to Baltimore at my age...simple living in NY to take the subway and then a cab from Penn Station.

While I can appreciate your frustration in that something you enjoyed for a while now doesn't seem to be available, my suggestion is that you look into taking an Amtrak train to Baltimore & a cab to that port. If you are willing to take a Subway, while this is longer & more expensive, the toll on you physically won't be drastic.

I'm confused by your wording. You hate NCL or Carnival? :confused:

I hate NCL mostly because they showed their contempt to me by serving undrinkable pepsi products instead of coke products (I know people will laugh at me for that but I've always been a coke person) but living in NY, as I said, NCL has two ships whose home port is in NY and so I built up status, for whatever little it is worth, on NCL. I prefer Carnival to be frank but they've sort of for the most part withdrawn from the NY market and also Europe (they're back next year with a new ship. I guess we all have our preferences for various reasons.

I hate NCL mostly because they showed their contempt to me by serving undrinkable pepsi products instead of coke products (I know people will laugh at me for that but I've always been a coke person)

I'm not going to laugh at you, but my wife and I love Pepsi products and hate Coke products (xcept for Pibb and MY, which nobody ever serves) and we like NCL because of that. You do know that not everyone loves Coke, don't you? We would never get a soda package on CCL, but we always do on NCL.

I hate NCL mostly because they showed their contempt to me by serving undrinkable pepsi products instead of coke products (I know people will laugh at me for that but I've always been a coke person) I guess we all have our preferences for various reasons.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. When they switched to Pepsi I thought it was one of the best things they did! :) If you do get to travel quickly from home just bring a 12 pack of coke with a luggage tag. It's what I always did with the Pepsi.

Edited by trish1c

I hate NCL mostly because they showed their contempt to me by serving undrinkable pepsi products instead of coke products (I know people will laugh at me for that but I've always been a coke person) but living in NY, as I said, NCL has two ships whose home port is in NY and so I built up status, for whatever little it is worth, on NCL. I prefer Carnival to be frank but they've sort of for the most part withdrawn from the NY market and also Europe (they're back next year with a new ship. I guess we all have our preferences for various reasons.

You do know that NCL lets ypu carry as much Coke in bottle or cans as you like, right? At least, they haven't ban or limited any type of drink to bring onboard unlike Carnival.....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I agree with you on being disappointed there aren't 7 day trips in Jan. Not everyone can take off anywhere from 9-14 days but a week is reasonable.

Being in Philly I can do either NYC area or Baltimore, but I'd much rather go out of the NYC area since I dont care for the ships out of Baltimore.