No serenity area on triumph-other options?

roofergal3030

There are no adult only pools anymore> :(

Yes there is. That was a test thing for a breif moment and Carnival got so much crap over it, it didn't last long enough to get to every ship.

Adult pool on the back of the ship will be fine. If you see a kid in there, you have my permission to drop kick them off the back of the ship. Just don't let a staff member see you.

I sailed Triumph during Easter week. There was no adult pool and 1000 children onboard. Most children were kept busy in camps. The top deck behind the big screen by the whale tail was the perfect spot.

Ugh! I just want a quiet, public area to relax. I'm sailing 9/30 so hopefully there won't be too many kids onboard. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not gonna lie.......this was one of the reasons we were less-then-hot for the Triumph when we were shopping for our upcoming anniversary cruise in Feb 2018. We ended up opting for the Freedom out of Galveston. The larger ships like the Breeze/Dream etc. don't really appeal to us either because of the much larger volume of people.....and I've sort of always wanted to cruise on a Conquest-class ship......so we went for the Freedom.

When you get back you should let us all know how it was without an adult-only/child-free area.

Trin

• 4 weeks later...
Ugh! I just want a quiet, public area to relax. I'm sailing 9/30 so hopefully there won't be too many kids onboard. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also sailing 9/30 and after booking read in another forum that this is a home schoolers reunion cruise. Crossing my fingers that there's not a hoard of kids.

Don't go out on for forward decks (6,7,9,10 I think) of the ship. That's >my< hidey hole. ;p

Sounds like we will run into each other then! The forward decks are great getaways but at least we booked deck 10 this trip with a balcony- I'm super glad I did! I loved the serenity deck on the Valor. I'm taking a getaway from my kids- don't want to spend it crammed in with other people's lol

I sailed Triumph during Easter week. There was no adult pool and 1000 children onboard. Most children were kept busy in camps. The top deck behind the big screen by the whale tail was the perfect spot.

I thought that the new "official policy" for ships was that, aft-pool is adult only, unless sailing during "peak times" (holidays, spring break, summer) in which case they're family friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

All the pools are relatively quiet when they open first thing in the morning. The deck chairs overlooking the aft pool are somewhat tame. This would be deck 10 aft. I think there were some deck chairs inside the running track area on deck 11 which is pool free and therefore nothing really attracting the rugrats up there. Those small forward secret observation decks are often empty but no deck chairs, and the kids do find there way out there, albeit mainly just in passing. However this is a cheapish older ship leaving from a port that's a half day drive for 80 bajillion families. Guess who's always going to be onboard? The midship main pool area is activity central with its multi-level deck area facing the movie screen and leading up to the mini golf and kids' clubs. This pulls in the younger set and may leave the aft pool a bit less chaotic if it's a low season sailing date.

This probably does not help but, all these families and kiddos are interested only in themselves. So if you can tune out the chaos and stay back from the splash zones, they will leave you alone.