Can you take Hair dryer on board?

cruisinforus

We have cruised before, but I've never taken a straightener or hair dryer with me. My parents are going with us this time for Thanksgiving (Carnival), and my mom asked if she can take her hair dryer. If she can take it, does it have to be in her checked bag or carry-on?

We have cruised before, but I've never taken a straightener or hair dryer with me. My parents are going with us this time for Thanksgiving (Carnival), and my mom asked if she can take her hair dryer. If she can take it, does it have to be in her checked bag or carry-on?

She can take either or both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yes, she can take a hair dryer....I take my hair dryer and my flat iron. Mine are always in my checked bag, but that is not saying it has to be in a checked bag.

I don’t know about the hair dryer but I was able to bring my hair straightener. But it would not stay on plugged into the bathroom socket. It would only stay heated out at the big mirror. I assume that the bathroom didn’t have enough wattage???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course she can bring her dryer...and electric curlers, curling iron, flat hair iron, crimping iron, etc.....you can bring ANY hair appliance you want!

The bathroom plugs are only for electric shavers....you will need to use any other electric thing in the cabin.

I don’t know about the hair dryer but I was able to bring my hair straightener. But it would not stay on plugged into the bathroom socket. It would only stay heated out at the big mirror. I assume that the bathroom didn’t have enough wattage???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The bathroom outlet is extremely low wattage. It’s labeled for shavers. Some have been able to use this outlet for a USB charger or nightlight.

How thick is her hair? The blow dryers the ships provide aren't really powerful, but they work well enough for my short hair. I'm all about bringing the least amount of 'stuff' I can. Also, it's usually pretty humid and many people find their hair just frizzes out, anyway. I wouldn't worry about straightening it except maybe for formal night photos. Then again, that's just my $.02.

• 7 months later...

I just looked this up on Carnival's website of stuff you CAN NOT bring. It clearly states a Flat Iron. Does that mean I can't bring my hot rollers either?

• Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, flat irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating / hot plates, etc.

I just looked this up on Carnival's website of stuff you CAN NOT bring. It clearly states a Flat Iron. Does that mean I can't bring my hot rollers either?

• Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, flat irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating / hot plates, etc.

I have brought hot rollers and a curling iron (years ago when I had long hair). The regulations generally do not apply to personal items.