Forward or rear facing bed and sofa in carnival spirit balcony rooms?

For anyone who has travelled on Carnival Spirit - do you know if the layout of the rooms alternate between forward facing and rear facing?

For instance each room down one side - one cabin would be forward facing bed and sofa and then the next room rear facing etc. etc. I am trying to book a balcony cabin that is forward facing. I don't like the idea of going backwards (I know I am fussy). I know that you don't feel the motion much but I just prefer facing forward.

Hope some previous travellers on this ship can help.

Thanks

Kazza :)

I've been on planes with no windows in rear facing seats. The thought of that was weird but it wasn't bad.

With cruises I've actually never thought about which way I'm facing, thinking about it now I believe my last cruise was rear facing bed. Don't think it made a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go to cruisedeckplans.com and find your ship then a cabin close to yours and check out the pick then count down to your cabin as the bed alternates to find out which way it sits.

On that site there are images of cabin categories with the furniture in them. Note the arrangement of furniture in relation to the door placement in the images - the bed is normally on the wall farthest from the door (ie if the door is to the left then the head of the bed butts on the right wall. Then pick your cabin by door location on the deck plans.

• 3 weeks later...
For anyone who has travelled on Carnival Spirit - do you know if the layout of the rooms alternate between forward facing and rear facing?

For instance each room down one side - one cabin would be forward facing bed and sofa and then the next room rear facing etc. etc. I am trying to book a balcony cabin that is forward facing. I don't like the idea of going backwards (I know I am fussy). I know that you don't feel the motion much but I just prefer facing forward.

Hope some previous travellers on this ship can help.

Thanks

Kazza :)

Yes they alternate.

No idea how you can tell which room will face the right way except that I can tell you my room was forward facing. It was 6149