Review of HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise with lots of Photos & Menus

MVPinBoynton

Many thanks what a fantastic review even the menus you were lucky to get so many upgrade offers I never get any I have a guarantee should know cabin in a weeks time any pics of paitings on the stairs Stephen card had them on all the ships if not don’t worry my dad was on the old Nieuw Amsterdam. Went on the last one so wanted to go on this for so long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks what a fantastic review even the menus you were lucky to get so many upgrade offers I never get any I have a guarantee should know cabin in a weeks time any pics of paitings on the stairs Stephen card had them on all the ships if not don’t worry my dad was on the old Nieuw Amsterdam. Went on the last one so wanted to go on this for so long

I did put some of the artwork on page 2 of the review. I found that most of the artwork was black and white photos of NYC, which I didn't think they were worth putting in the review. I normally walk the stairwells taking photos of the artwork, since I do like to remember it. On our recent Zaandam review, the review was already so long, I didn't put them in.

Ok will see when I go aboard you mentioned an app but can’t find it in the U.K. would I need to install it in the us

You can only acc as it while onboard. It is a web app, rather than a true app. I think you will like it.

Hope you can tell me about the music and shows on the Niew Amsterdam. We have been on 24 Celebrity cruises and only 2 HAL cruises. We're going on the Niew Amsterdam in three weeks. I find that Celebrity BLASTS their music to the point that it's almost painful (and possibly ear damaging:mad:) and certainly not enjoyable. That is one of the reasons we are going to try HAL.

How did you find the volume level on your trip?

Thanks..

Phil............floridacruisers

We completed a cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam yesterday. The volume in the main show lounge was perfect IMO - not too loud. However, the shows were just okay. I also thought that the volume in the BB King venue was appropriate (much improved from what we experienced on the Koningsdam last year which was painful just in passing by on the upper level of that open area.) I really enjoyed the BB King band this past week - the male and female lead singers were very good. Since many people go there night after night, it would be even better if the band expanded/switched up their song list.

Just off Nieuw Amsterdam and believe me, this ship is quiet. Other than BB King's there are few live music opportunities. None by the pool at all, even for sailaway. If you are looking for a more quiet environment, this is definitely your ship.

We completed a cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam yesterday. The volume in the main show lounge was perfect IMO - not too loud. However, the shows were just okay. I also thought that the volume in the BB King venue was appropriate (much improved from what we experienced on the Koningsdam last year which was painful just in passing by on the upper level of that open area.) I really enjoyed the BB King band this past week - the male and female lead singers were very good. Since many people go there night after night, it would be even better if the band expanded/switched up their song list.

• 2 months later...
You can only acc as it while onboard. It is a web app, rather than a true app. I think you will like it.

I lost some of those pics you took on Nieuw Amsterdam can you send link again just did cruise on her u posted pic of the model of Nieuw Amsterdam any idea where it was as couldn’t find it anywhere

Thanks

I lost some of those pics you took on Nieuw Amsterdam can you send link again just did cruise on her u posted pic of the model of Nieuw Amsterdam any idea where it was as couldn’t find it anywhere

Thanks

The link to my website is in my signature, where you can click on the review. I don't what you are referring to as the model of the Nieuw Amsterdam. I didn't see a photo of it in the review.

Thanks for the outstanding review!!!

4 cruises on her and she is definitely our favorite. Appreciate the time and pics you put in of your trip!

Denise:)

Glad you enjoyed the review. We really enjoyed the NA and hope to cruise on her and some other HAL ships in the future.

Thanks

Thanks I found it in your review it’s the old one 1938 one not sure where it was cause nobody knew anything may have gone into storage my dad was on her and was hoping to get a pic with war medal never mind thanks again had a great cruise

Thanks I found it in your review it’s the old one 1938 one not sure where it was cause nobody knew anything may have gone into storage my dad was on her and was hoping to get a pic with war medal never mind thanks again had a great cruise

If it is the one I think you are talking about, it was in the Crow's Nest. I just looked at my photos and saw that I had Crow's Nest photos before and after it, so that has to be where it was.

We love the NA. Thanks for a great review and the photos brought back great memories. I love the giant mural outside of the MDR showing the Manhattan skyline. Not only is the street view superimposed behind the buildings but the buildings themselves are also deceptive. If you look close, you will see that they are actually something else.

We love the NA. Thanks for a great review and the photos brought back great memories. I love the giant mural outside of the MDR showing the Manhattan skyline. Not only is the street view superimposed behind the buildings but the buildings themselves are also deceptive. If you look close, you will see that they are actually something else.

I like that mural also. It is quite an interesting piece.