Living On The MS Amsterdam

ger_77

When I first saw it, I thought it was a take-off on The World cruise ship. I couldn't imagine HAL selling cabins like condos, that's why I thought it was an early April fool's joke. Looking at it in depth, I realized it's basically taking the entire world cruise and inviting your family to book a cabin for a portion of one of the segments so you could see them.

As we still have a house, a large yard, and our lovely Ragdoll, we won't be taking advantage of this any time soon. Sigh.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

With 15 inches of snow on the ground, I find the idea of living on a ship VERY enticing!

The first person I heard of that did this was the woman who lived on QE2. I met her a few times on board. She said pretty much what the woman in one of the linked articles did. Her husband died, she sold the house that was too big for her to stay in alone, and chose living on the ship over going to assisted living. QE2 had small single cabins, so it was about the same price. OK, so she had a small bedroom, but think how large the rest of her home was! BFF and I used to joke that Bea was our retirement role model.

When I first saw it, I thought it was a take-off on The World cruise ship. I couldn't imagine HAL selling cabins like condos, that's why I thought it was an early April fool's joke. Looking at it in depth, I realized it's basically taking the entire world cruise and inviting your family to book a cabin for a portion of one of the segments so you could see them.

As we still have a house, a large yard, and our lovely Ragdoll, we won't be taking advantage of this any time soon. Sigh.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I didn't understand from the article that HAL was selling the cabins. It appears that HAL in "renting" the cabins for whatever portion of a year the seniors (50yrs old???) wish to be on board, permitting the individuals to spend time with their family off the ship during the other parts of the year.