Reflection Dining Packages

dms492

Hello all - first post on here!

We've sailed with Celebrity a number of times and are excited to return to Reflection with our friends later this year - 2 years since our last cruise.

We would like to book the 4 night speciality restaurant package. However, I would like to be able to choose where and when we use this. If you book your package on the website, Celebrity say they will choose the first restaurant and allocate it to you on the 1st or 2nd night, you then sort the rest out onboard. Does anybody know if its possible to bypass this and choose specific nights over the phone in advance? Otherwise I guess we'll take our chances and book the package onboard.

Thanks all

They will typically book the first restaurant on the first or second night with the advance purchase of the package. However that - and all other nights - can be booked or changed on board.

I believe you just need to plan your first restaurant on one of the first two days. The other option is to wait to book on board and select your nights and restaurants then.

Typically this is done online through your reservation planner. I don't have any direct experience with doing this over the phone, so maybe others can confirm.

And welcome to Cruise Critic!

You can purchase them on board. :)

I was advised on this board that the packages were NOT available after boarding and must be booked in advance. Right or wrong, please? I would love to wait until on board to see if my times were available.

leaveitallbehind is correct.

Having booked many dining packages over the years, the ship will hold a few dining packages in reserve for folks that decided to book once on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've sailed with Celebrity a number of times and are excited to return to Reflection with our friends later this year - 2 years since our last cruise.

We would like to book the 4 night speciality restaurant package. However, I would like to be able to choose where and when we use this. If you book your package on the website, Celebrity say they will choose the first restaurant and allocate it to you on the 1st or 2nd night, you then sort the rest out onboard. Does anybody know if its possible to bypass this and choose specific nights over the phone in advance? Otherwise I guess we'll take our chances and book the package onboard.

Thanks all

dms492 - see my post #4 on my this thread.

3 nite specialty package?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24703&share_tid=2606691&share_pid=55451392&url=https%3A%2F%2Fboards%2Ecruisecritic%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Fp%3D55451392&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was advised on this board that the packages were NOT available after boarding and must be booked in advance. Right or wrong, please? I would love to wait until on board to see if my times were available.

On our January 2018 Silhouette cruise, they would NOT let us book dining packages onboard. The Celebrity website also states this. So...it's a gamble. :rolleyes:

Thanks all

Try this, but you must have paid for your specialty dining package before...email Domy Valdes: domyvaldes@rccl.com and share with him your preferred dates/restaurants/times, along with all names and reference booking numbers. You must have all of this information! I have used him on a previous cruise for six and on my upcoming cruise, both for Reflection. I guess you could email him first and ask this question too...the Edge is open for booking this way, so your cruise on Reflection should be too.

I have personally and successfully used the above information for my own speciality dinner packages and it worked for me each time. That is why I am stating it here.

Edited by Lastdance

Just got off the phone with the Celebrity Captains Club rep who confirmed that they offer a certain number of dining packages for sale per itinerary and if all are sold prior to sailing, then none are available on board. You can however manage the reservations regarding nights and restaurants selected on board.

So, 39august - my apologies, I stand corrected and guess in my experience in the past, they must not have all been sold prior to sailing as we have been able to purchase them on board.

I spoke with a Celebrity rep this morning - she says the no longer book one of the restaurants for you. Has anyone booked specialty package for a FUTURE cruise and received an assigned restaurant?

We have just booked an 8 night package on Silhouette for Sep this year. We had to book the 1st night and we chose 6.30 pm to eat . This has been confirmed so i am assuming they will assign a restaurant

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have just booked an 8 night package on Silhouette for Sep this year. We had to book the 1st night and we chose 6.30 pm to eat . This has been confirmed so i am assuming they will assign a restaurant

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is Celebrity's default system. As soon as you board, go to each restaurant and see if the times and dates that you prefer are available. You do not have to eat in any restaurant the first night if you do not want to do a specialty restaurant the first night! Please do not assume anything with this, as you are in charge of your dinners...so ahead of time, think about the nights, restaurants and times with alternates.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any input on the quality of the wi-fi onboard the Reflection?

We have a Western Med cruise coming up in July, and are wondering if we should choose this as one of our 2 perks.