Oceana Suite / Mini Suite Benefits

Cantlogincaptain

I am looking at booking a Cruise tomorrow on Oceana from Dubai but I am unclear on the little extras between the suite vs mini suite categories as I have not had this grade on Oceana previously.

For instance do mini suite guests get a breakfast venue etc?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

I am looking at booking a Cruise tomorrow on Oceana from Dubai but I am unclear on the little extras between the suite vs mini suite categories as I have not had this grade on Oceana previously.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

We booked a mini suite on Oceana and weren’t offered any breakfast venue . Think we got a bottle of champagne , bath robes and slippers bigger shampoo etc and daily canapés and that’s more or less it.

Hopefully another member can give you details of suite perks

Oceana Mini-suites are double fronted and you get two sets of patio doors with port/starboard units. Mini-suites on the aft give you a much bigger balcony. These are best value in my opinion. Suites are bigger but the port/starboard suites have the standard narrow balconies although they stretch the width of the suite. You get a butler in the suite but the prices are higher. Aft end is the deciding factor if you want a good size balcony.

Regards John

Oceana Mini-suites are double fronted and you get two sets of patio doors with port/starboard units. Mini-suites on the aft give you a much bigger balcony. These are best value in my opinion. Suites are bigger but the port/starboard suites have the standard narrow balconies although they stretch the width of the suite. You get a butler in the suite but the prices are higher. Aft end is the deciding factor if you want a good size balcony.

Regards John

There are no port or starboard suites only the 6 at the stern. The balconies are huge

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Just to clarify, mini suite passengers do not get access to the breakfast venue that is for full suites only. I agree the aft suites on Oceana are the biggest in the fleet now that Adonia has gone. We also prefer the aft mini suites which have a large, deep balcony compared to the midship minis which are like two balcony cabins joined together so they have a long narrow balcony.

I was in an aft mini suite on Oceana a few years ago. The room was jaw dropping amazing as was the bathroom. Outside of the room I don't recall any perks apart from special place to enjoy complementary drinks and buffet while you wait for your cabin to be ready. I did enjoy the VIP experience as we boarded and I liked staying in the room. As for additional perks there weren't any.

Thank you all for your great responses. I have plucked for B750 suite as the price difference wasn’t huge over a mini suite.

Thanks again :)

After your holiday, I'd be interested to know what you think of this suite. We are booked into the suite next door - B755 - next year. Not had a full suite on Oceana before, so we don't know what to expect. Perhaps you can provide some feedback when you return?

Just to clarify, mini suite passengers do not get access to the breakfast venue that is for full suites only. I agree the aft suites on Oceana are the biggest in the fleet now that Adonia has gone. We also prefer the aft mini suites which have a large, deep balcony compared to the midship minis which are like two balcony cabins joined together so they have a long narrow balcony.

I'm afraid you're wrong the penthouse suites on the Aurora are the biggest in the P&O fleet. I also found that although the bathroom in the Oceana suite to be very large, the living area itself was smaller that the Oriana suites.

Yes, I'd forgotten the two Penthouse suites on Aurora, they are certainly the largest now Adonia has gone. I prefer the Oceana suites to the ones on Oriana as the Oceana ones have much more of a separate bedroom, personally I think the layout is much better on Oceana but everyone likes different things.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

We stayed in a Mini Suite on Oceana for 35 nights and had a lovely time.

Full review here...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/02/17/oceana-35-night-caribbean-round-trip/

32523059085_2314c7f6f5_z.jpg

No special Breakfast venue and can't say I would have missed it.

Never been one for aft cabins having tried Arcadia's and not impressed.

Our midships Mini Suite balcony suited us perfectly...

31711081023_757e038df6_z.jpg

I would have to disagree with Solent Richard, the aft mini suites on Oceana have few problems and have a huge deep balcony. Having stayed in a midships one for a long cruise I found the balcony very narrow especially when entertaining. The full suites are very limited in number Dai says 6 but the corner aft mini is well worth a look as an alternative. Got 3 cruises booked in one.

Edited by ccpm

It was reading solentrichard’s blog which prompted us to do a ship’s visit a year ago, and as a result we booked an aft mini suite for next year’s Arabian Gulf adventure! Looking forward to it.[emoji924][emoji924][emoji267][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

There are absolutely NO extras in a Mini-suite I was really shocked as a first time cruiser. You even have to pay for bottled water,(the tap water is foul) also you pay for internet and there is no special dining area. I paid £13,000+ for mini-suite for 30 days to the Caribbean, I got exactly the same as someone who paid £5,000. The food is diabolical, frozen mush. The fresh fruit was inedible The same tasteless mushy apples, pears and tough oranges were served for the whole 30 day trip. For goodness sake we were in the beautiful Caribbean Islands and for 'Health and Safety'?? reasons (as I was told by the F&B Manager) they not could bring the lovely fresh fruit on board. It would be nice to support the locals in those islands. The chef cannot make soup, just out of a packet. Meat was tough and tasteless. Vegetables... frozen peas were the norm! Worst food I have ever tasted. Fried stuff from the freezer the same as you get in these cheap fast food restaurants and supermarkets. The woman chef in the Buffet was extremely arrogant when I asked for some simply cooked fish. Canteen food would be better! I don't eat this low quality food in my own home. A total rip off if you pay for an expensive cabin.

We have booked one for a short cruise in December any advice daiB?

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

The cabins are a very good size with a big balcony, not sure how much value you would get out of one in December. I take it you are sailing from Southampton. You do get breakfast in a small section of the MDR. Very select as only 12 people can use it and you have two dedicated waiters. Not quite as good as the Epicurean on the other ships.

The cabins are a very good size with a big balcony, not sure how much value you would get out of one in December. I take it you are sailing from Southampton. You do get breakfast in a small section of the MDR. Very select as only 12 people can use it and you have two dedicated waiters. Not quite as good as the Epicurean on the other ships.

Thanks,its a 2 night to Zeebrugge,we usually just do Superior DBalcony or standard balcony on Ventura the last 2 were NewYear 2015 and NewYear 2016 but it was a great price and £100 obc with select so thought we would give it a try.

The last time we were on Oceana was September 2005.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app