Live from the Reflection

cruisin lady ca

We boarded Reflection quickly - enjoyed a lunch in the Oceanview Cafe. Was informed that we could enter our cabin at 1:30 pm. Stopped by Cafe al Bacio for a macchiato - and checked the menu to see whether anything has changed. Contrary to other posts, both Cafe Affogato and Iglu are on the menu.

P.S. I am struggling to get photos to post. If anyone can provide guidance about that, I'd appreciate your help.

We board in just over 4 weeks now! Can’t wait....our first Reflection cruise although we have cruised Celebrity many times...

Will be interested in your observations and food reviews in particular...

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Having breakfast in the Aqua Spa Cafe. The menu is quite a bit different than the menu on Equinox last spring. No longer do they offer a frittata/quiche. Breakfast choices include oatmeal, fresh fruit, avocado bruschetta, banana/peanut butter on a bagel, and make-your-own Greek yoghurt. Smoothies are still on the menu.

Busy place - 8 tables all taken.

Nice way to start the day.

The place does get busy so we would usually take our breakfast back to the room and enjoy on the balcony.

There are some great breakfast bars/energy bars at a separate counter with the muffins. There should be 3 types. Usually take a few extra to stash away for later for when something sweet is needed.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

First impressions of Reflection post-dry dock: Updates in Opus (MDR) include new carpeting and chairs. New furniture and carpeting in the Martini Bar area, I think.

First night dInner in the MDR: our group chose Shrimp Louis, escargot and Caesar salad. Our group ordered prime rib and seered salmon entrees. Both were very good. We skipped dessert since we wanted to go to the show. A comedian from Los Angeles, Steve Bruner, was very funny. He is also doing a late night show tonight (10:30 pm). Wondering if he will be more risqué at the late night show.

Tonight's 7 and 9 pm shows feature "Hard Day's Night" - Beatles tribute band.

There is a movie screening tonight in Celebrity Central. No mention of activities on the large screen on the Lawn Deck. Will have to keep looking for posts during the cruise.

For those shoppers out there - Tiffany grand opening is this morning.

Time to head over to the cruise Critic gathering. Invitation and name tags were in our room when we arrived. Will post again this evening.

The place does get busy so we would usually take our breakfast back to the room and enjoy on the balcony.

There are some great breakfast bars/energy bars at a separate counter with the muffins. There should be 3 types. Usually take a few extra to stash away for later for when something sweet is needed.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I saw the muffins and energy bars but didn't sample them today. Instead, I swung by Cafe al Bacio for a carrot muffin and skinny vanilla latte.

Had lunch at the Aqua Spa Cafe today. The menu choices included tuna salad, salmon salad and chicken salad as well as green salad and fresh mozzarella with tomatoes. The chicken salad and green salad were tasty. Love their bread sticks too!

Off to the Beyond the Podium talk. Speaker is talking about investing and the economy. Should be interesting.

I did check out the Future Cruises offer for February. Current offer includes two perks for OceanView to AquaClass for cruises through April 2019 PLUS onboard credit (up to $300). Suites comes

With four perks and up to $500 onboard credit.

For cruises departing May 2019 through April 2020, the onboard offer is 1 perk for OceanView through Veranda, 2 perks for Concierge & AquaClass, and 4 perks for suites PLUS onboard credit (up to $500). Refundable deposits of $100 pp are required.

Spent a few hours at Seven Mile Beach yesterday in Grand Cayman. Pretty crowded with four ships in port. Too crowded for out taste. Not particularly impressed with the public beach section that we were taken to by the cab driver. Chair and umbrella rental for two people was $20 plus cab cost $20 round trip. If I were to return to Grand Cayman, I’d look for another way to spend the day.

Edited by cruisin' lady

Entertainment last night was the production show, Broken Strings. We enjoyed it. Tonight the entertainment will be an illusionist.

The Silent Disco was held in the atrium on deck 3 last night. So much fun!

Haven’t seen any announcements about movie events in the lawn deck yet.

Heading up to the pool bar for our roll call’s pub crawl. Will try to post again later this evening.

I am still unable to post photos. I hope someone in the iLounge can help me.

" No mention of activities on the large screen on the Lawn Deck. Will have to keep looking for posts during the cruise."

We are just off the Reflection after a 10 day cruise. The big screen appeared to be showing a TV channel (usually sports) most of the time, with very low or no volume. There was some type of theme night that featured a food-related film paired with a special menu in the Lawn Club. I don't know the title of the film, and I was told by another guest (but did not verify the fact) that the space was restricted and only available to those who were dining that evening.

The only place to sit is on the lawn (unless once sneaks into one of the alcoves after dark). It's basically a work-in-progress...

Thanks for your post. We will be on the Reflection in May (our first cruise with Celebrity). Which dinner seating (i.e., 6pm or 8pm) is more ideal from a scheduling perspective to be able to attend the nightly entertainment?