Nieuw Amsterdam Port Everglades Sail-Away Mar 10, 2018

Boytjie

There are five ships in Port Everglades today and the Nieuw Amsterdam (at Pier 26) is scheduled to depart at 16:00/4:00 PM EST. Times are subject to change as always.

Also in port are: Royal Princess (Pier 2), Harmony of the Seas (Pier 18), Celebrity Summit (Pier 19) and Independence of the Seas (Pier 29).

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

The Nieuw Amsterdam's 7-Day Eastern Tropical Caribbean Itinerary:

Mar 10 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Mar 11 At Sea

Mar 12 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

Mar 13 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Mar 14 St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

Mar 15 At Sea

Mar 16 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Mar 17 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C7E70F.jpg

It's sunny here today, but I was wondering about Fort Lauderdale. The eagles in SW Florida (I don't know exactly where they are) are about to fly, and it has been raining. They are so gorgeous, and I have been watching them since they were eggs! I imagine that here up north, the eggs have not even been laid yet. Those Floridians know how to live! http://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html

Military Sealift Commands's USNS Maury, (T-AGS-66) a Pathfinder-class oceanographic survey ship, waiting to come in later on. She is the seventh ship in the class. Maury is named after Commander Mathew Fontaine Maury, the "Father of Modern Oceanography" who famously resigned from the United States Navy to sail for the Confederacy. Maury is the first oceanographic survey ship built since USNS Mary Sears was launched in 2000. At approximately 350 feet, Maury is 24 feet longer than her other sister ships in the same class. This modification was made in order to accommodate a 300-square-foot moon pool for unmanned vehicle deployment and retrieval.

1920px-USNS_Maury_%28T-AGS-66%29_pulls_into_Naval_Station_Norfolk_on_2_November_%282017171102-N-OH262-867%29.JPG

Military Sealift Commands's USNS Maury, (T-AGS-66) a Pathfinder-class oceanographic survey ship, waiting to come in later on. She is the seventh ship in the class. Maury is named after Commander Mathew Fontaine Maury, the "Father of Modern Oceanography" who famously resigned from the United States Navy to sail for the Confederacy. Maury is the first oceanographic survey ship built since USNS Mary Sears was launched in 2000. At approximately 350 feet, Maury is 24 feet longer than her other sister ships in the same class. This modification was made in order to accommodate a 300-square-foot moon pool for unmanned vehicle deployment and retrieval.

1920px-USNS_Maury_%28T-AGS-66%29_pulls_into_Naval_Station_Norfolk_on_2_November_%282017171102-N-OH262-867%29.JPG

Kia ora John. Very interesting.

Very interesting - did she say when she would be coming in?

Morning all; Have a nice one today! 59 degrees F and some rain in So Cal

59 degrees sounds dam good to me Copper. I can send you some of our snow from our 'Nor Easter if you want ;)

It's sunny here today, but I was wondering about Fort Lauderdale. The eagles in SW Florida (I don't know exactly where they are) are about to fly, and it has been raining. They are so gorgeous, and I have been watching them since they were eggs! I imagine that here up north, the eggs have not even been laid yet. Those Floridians know how to live! http://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html

You got that right, Ann. My "chesty" robin (the mother) is back already checking out the pergola - her nesting site.

Two of my Mexican little birds are back and I had hope of an early spring but.....it looks like Christmas again.

there won't be any eggs laid here for a while ;)