Celebrity Silhouette Late Arrival to Port Everglades

B777Boeing

They had to move to Miami for the March 4 sailing due to Port construction. Because the ports are close together, they are still doing closed loop cruises, ending the previous cruise, then sailing to the other port to make sure of a fully closed loop cruise again. So, she unloaded passengers in Miami this morning, sailed up the coast, and is setting sail again from Port Everglades today after getting a new group of passengers. Makes a bit of a mess, but the rooms will all be ready when the new passengers board a least.

Two weeks ago it did the reverse. Unloaded passengers in Port Everglades, sailed to Miami and embarked passengers. We were B2B and had to get off and make our way to Miami. Two weeks ago the ship did not get to Miami till 2 PM. Sounds much better for the guests today !!!

They had to move to Miami for the March 4 sailing due to Port construction. Because the ports are close together, they are still doing closed loop cruises, ending the previous cruise, then sailing to the other port to make sure of a fully closed loop cruise again. So, she unloaded passengers in Miami this morning, sailed up the coast, and is setting sail again from Port Everglades today after getting a new group of passengers. Makes a bit of a mess, but the rooms will all be ready when the new passengers board a least.

Thanks, would seem costly but I was wondering why I have seen this lately with #CelebritySilhouette

Costly, but required to not violate the PVSA. That would have been a lot more costly!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What is that ??? and why is it only happening with Silhouette?

Two weeks ago it did the reverse. Unloaded passengers in Port Everglades, sailed to Miami and embarked passengers. We were B2B and had to get off and make our way to Miami.

Oh my gosh. Why wouldn't they allow you to stay on if doing a B2B? I suppose their must be some law or regulation, but just seems so inconvenient! Could you leave your belongings onboard?