Specialty restaurant charge no longer includes gratuity

jr1946

Dined in specialty restaurant last night and noticed that gratuity was added. Found out that as of yesterday the gratuities are no longer included in quoted price.

Which ship and restaurant?

Did you have a dining package? If so, where did you have dinner? What was the gratuity amount added? If no package, how was the gratuity based? Was it on the charge for the restaurant or if you had some kind of discount, was it on the discounted amount?

I am wondering as we have a 5 night dining package and we will be dining at Chops most nights. Thanks.

We just got off Oasis. We did the Ultimate Dining and the 18% was added to the package. However, on the regular menu for those not purchasing a package, gratuity is not included in the per person charge and is added to the bill.

We just got off Oasis. We did the Ultimate Dining and the 18% was added to the package. However, on the regular menu for those not purchasing a package, gratuity is not included in the per person charge and is added to the bill.

Did you purchase the Ultimate dining package pre-cruise or onboard?

If we've already paid for the package before boarding (was supposed to include gratuities). Will we be charged for gratuities again, once we dine in the restaurant? Sorry, I'm confused about this as I thought the dining packages already included gratuities?

If we've already paid for the package before boarding (was supposed to include gratuities). Will we be charged for gratuities again, once we dine in the restaurant? Sorry, I'm confused about this as I thought the dining packages already included gratuities?

Packages include gratuity for both on board or online purchases. The added gratuity only applies to those eating at speciality w.o a package and paying either a la carte or cover charge.

I am confused.

If you purchase a package (giving you a discount on the prices of the restaurants) you do not pay additional....the gratuity is included. Correct? or not Correct?

If you purchase a dinner in a specialty restaurant (at full price), then the gratuity is NOT included. Is it added automatically? or is it like a land restaurant where you add it?

I am confused.

If you purchase a package (giving you a discount on the prices of the restaurants) you do not pay additional....the gratuity is included. Correct? or not Correct?

If you purchase a dinner in a specialty restaurant (at full price), then the gratuity is NOT included. Is it added automatically? or is it like a land restaurant where you add it?

Right now I'm on Oasis. Any packages or paid reservations already made prior to the cruise will not have anything additional charged. New, on board purchases are getting the 18% applied.

Sent from a mobile device

so if I pre pay my gratuities are they not getting more than 18%. I have herd in the past that they get part of the pre paid gratuities so if you put 18 % on top of that that's a great tip .

I always gave an extra tip for good service but this is a bit much:mad:

so if I pre pay my gratuities are they not getting more than 18%. I have herd in the past that they get part of the pre paid gratuities so if you put 18 % on top of that that's a great tip .

I always gave an extra tip for good service but this is a bit much:mad:

I did not think that any of the prepaid or automatic gratuities went to specialty restaurant crew.

I'm actually happy to read this since I usually bring a cash tip with me to the specialty restaurants. Sometimes I forget the cash in the cabin and have to run back to get it. If the 18% is already added, perhaps I'll add more but for the most part, having it already on there is great for me.

Things change FAST. We went to Chops on Anthem 10/09/2017. Price was $42pp, and the menu had been simplified, with no aged beef option.

Chops Guest receipt was for $0. Bottom read "a small fee, payable to your server has been included" We added $10. But if they begin to add 18% on to the $42, that is a significant increase. Wasn't it around $25 when it first opened?