Cabins across from the launderette

vbmom87

Anyone ever have a room across from a launderette? Just wondering if it would be very noisy. I just switched to a guarenteed room to get a nice savings. I see that a couple of the rooms in that category are across from the launderette. Just want to be prepared mentally in case that is what we get.

We had a cabin on the Statendam across from the laundry room and never heard a thing. It was very convenient the day I did some laundry.:)

Same here. In October and November we were on the Verandah deck, on the Amsterdam, in a suite directly across from the launderette and didn't hear a thing, nor did it congest the hall. In fact, it was a good deal having it there, since we only had to take a couple of steps to check if a machine was available. On our next trip we aren't as close to the laundry but have decided to buy the dry clean package. If we did that on the last long voyage it have been perfect.

We had a cabin on the Statendam across from the laundry room and never heard a thing. It was very convenient the day I did some laundry.:)

Thanks!! Just what i was hoping to hear. We are doing an independent land tour after the cruise and I thought it could be a good thing to be near the launderette. Of course, I won't know what cabin I am getting, but I think that will part of the fun with our first cruise.

I had a room just outside the launderette and it was incredibly noisy! The hen party started early in the morning and continued until late in the night. This room was an upgrade for me. I would never pick this room on my own.

We were upgraded once on the Zaandam to a "C" cabin on the lower promenade deck directly across from the laundry. This was one of the best rooms we've ever had: the iron & ironing board in the laundry room were very helpful on formal nights; we were just a few steps from the promenade deck (or as we liked to refer to it as the largest verandah on the ship); and there was a men's room right next to the laundry room which came in real handy when the cabin bathroom was occupied.

On the S-class ships my preferred cabin is next to the laundry on Lower Promenade. The location is otherwise great anyway, and having the laundry nearby is a plus.

Never had any problem with noise.

On the S-class ships my preferred cabin is next to the laundry on Lower Promenade. The location is otherwise great anyway, and having the laundry nearby is a plus.

Never had any problem with noise.

One of my favorite locations on the S class.

Just wondering if those who didn't hear a peep were right in front of it or a couple of cabins down. My cabin was directly in front. I would think it would be ok if you were several cabins away from it.

I remember another post were this was discussed and several others had the same experience as mine.

Just wondering if those who didn't hear a peep were right in front of it or a couple of cabins down.

I could almost touch the launderette door while touching our own. On the Amsterdam the Launderettes don’t have that many machines to facilitate even a small group of gabbers. If it so occurred though, and if the chatters migrated out into the hall, they would have been objects of scorn. The only negative goings-on that were similar to what you experienced, and only on a couple of occasions, was misuse of the phone in the launderette. I don’t know who these folk could been having lengthy gab sessions with, like everyone seems to do with cell phones anymore on land, but they managed to find someone to talk to. They would stretch the cord out into the hall, close the launderette door, and blab away. I thought about saying something then realized that it wasn’t really bugging me and we couldn’t hear a bit of their chatter in our room anyway. In summary, I would opt for a room close to the launderette if given a choice.

It could have been the length of my cruise that was the issue. It was a 20 day. Lots of people needing lots on laundry done. It was also very hot so they had the door open. When it was closed you couldn't hear anything. When the door was open it was a free for all party!:mad:

Last fall my wife and I were on the Amsterdam for 64 days and our cabin was across the hall from the laundry and the cabin stewards' 'work area.' Never heard a peep. Of course, we did not spend a lot of time in our cabin. Too many other things to do.

Last fall my wife and I were on the Amsterdam for 64 days and our cabin was across the hall from the laundry and the cabin stewards' 'work area.' Never heard a peep. Of course, we did not spend a lot of time in our cabin. Too many other things to do.

They really have 64 day cruises?

We were one off from facing the door, to the laundry on deck five of the Ryndam, our travelling companions were directly opposite. My deafness made it a non-issue for me, how ever traveling companion mentioned several times it being a undesirable low level irritant. Open the door to a group of strangers, all happily chatting about their day. Drive some people batty others, not a big deal. Don't think it would effect my cruise, but best be aware.

They really have 64 day cruises?

Not too late to join up for a 73 dayer either. We leave tomorrow afternoon but the ship doesn't depart until Tuesday. Lots of room and good deals. Check out the Prinsendam. :)

We are thinking of moving to a room on the main deck that is about 5 cabins down on the opposite side of the hall going toward the bow. We will be on the Zaandam in August. I have been told by Holland reservation reps. that that the laundry room only has certain hours of operation (I was told that the laundry closes at around 9 PM, and the rep. was not certain when it opened) as to not to disturb the guests at night. They told me to contact Ships Services which is closed today. Can anyone confirm that the laundry room does indeed close in the evening and does anyone know when it opens back up in the morning?

We are thinking of moving to a room on the main deck that is about 5 cabins down on the opposite side of the hall going toward the bow. We will be on the Zaandam in August. I have been told by Holland reservation reps. that that the laundry room only has certain hours of operation (I was told that the laundry closes at around 9 PM, and the rep. was not certain when it opened) as to not to disturb the guests at night. They told me to contact Ships Services which is closed today. Can anyone confirm that the laundry room does indeed close in the evening and does anyone know when it opens back up in the morning?

Yes it does for sure close in the evening. I want to say about 10pm but I could be wrong. I'm thinking it would open up around 7am because I was awakened many mornings. I am not a late sleeper so I don't think it was anything like 8am or I would have been up. My laundry cabin was in Apr.06 so it hard to recall the hours.

Not only 64 day cruises, they have World Cruises that generally are more than 100 days.

Oh my, I thought it was a typo. I guess those that opt for the long cruises love it and aren't prone to seasickness. I am concerned how I am going to get through 7 days.

Oh my, I thought it was a typo. I guess those that opt for the long cruises love it and aren't prone to seasickness. I am concerned how I am going to get through 7 days.

I don't get seasick...but don't have the time or money to take the extended cruises.:mad:

Maybe someday.:)

I don't get seasick...but don't have the time or money to take the extended cruises.:mad:

Maybe someday.:)

I have the time, but not the money. Also, just can't imagine being on a ship for that long and away from my children and grandchildren.

Not as noisy as if next to a service closet. No, not the room from hell.:D

Anyone ever have a room across from a launderette? Just wondering if it would be very noisy. I just switched to a guarenteed room to get a nice savings. I see that a couple of the rooms in that category are across from the launderette. Just want to be prepared mentally in case that is what we get.

Archived