Farewell Monarch, March 29, 2013 (Part 2)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:43 PM.
Ottawa, Illinois
4,244 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by wolfcathorse
I am at a loss for words. Mom suddenly took a turn for the worse Sunday and this morning she passed away. We are still going on EN tomorrow. My sister was there and I've done all I can do by phone and email until I get there next Tuesday. Can't believe she's gone a week after I last saw her.
Sorry for you loss, it is hardest to lose your mother. Think of the good things while on your cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Plus

USS Saratoga CV-60 1974-1978

Upcoming cruises

Brilliance of the Seas 1-25-18
Vision of the Seas 2-5-18
Mariner of the Seas 8-24-18
Mariner of the Seas 8-27-18
Majesty of the Seas 10-29-18
Anthem of the Seas 12-6-18

41 Trips the Empress of the Seas hasn't been added to the active list yet.
Northern Lower Michigan
11,980 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Thanks all. I'm in Canada now with sister. Have memorial service today then it's time to roll up the sleeves and get probate started.

EN was quiet. Nobody in the CL or DL. There were only 22 D+ and 4 P on board. Had a nice day at Coco Cay and a hot day at Nassau.
Cocoa Beach, FL
525 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
I am at a loss for words. Mom suddenly took a turn for the worse Sunday and this morning she passed away. We are still going on EN tomorrow. My sister was there and I've done all I can do by phone and email until I get there next Tuesday. Can't believe she's gone a week after I last saw her.
Karen, I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom, nothing can compare, as do many, I can relate. You were such a devoted daughter, my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Blanche and Michael

Past Cruise History:
Carnival Liberty - 02/02/17 - Our First Carnival Cruise
Oasis of the Seas - 11/05/16 - Our 1st cruise on Oasis inaugural out of Port Canaveral
Majesty of the Seas - 05/27/16, 01/05/2017
Enchantment of the Seas - 06/21/13, 8/23/13, 04/18/14, 11/28/14, 02/26/16
Jewel of the Seas -
01/07/12, 11/29/12, 11/01/15 (Southern Caribbean
Freedom of the Seas - 12/12/10, 12/08/13, 1/04/15
Rhapsody of the Seas - Alaska - 06/04/10
Monarch - 03/29/13 Farewell Cruise
Monarch of the Seas - 04/17/09, 12/07/09, 01/07/11, 02/04/11, 09/16/11, 11/25/11, 01/11/13
Sovereign of the Seas - 12/05/02, 10/08/04, 10/28/05 ,02/02/07

Ocala, Fl.
10,960 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Hello all, it's been a while so I figured I'd say hi. Getting ready to spend a week on BR, it'll be my first Thanksgiving cruise, so that'll be interesting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grady's Past Cruises

Royal Caribbean: 36, Carnival:23, Celebrity: 2, Other Lines: 4

Ottawa, Illinois
4,244 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by DarthGrady
Hello all, it's been a while so I figured I'd say hi. Getting ready to spend a week on BR, it'll be my first Thanksgiving cruise, so that'll be interesting.
Good for you Grady. I will be on the Brilliance 1-25-18, I got round trip air from Chicago Midway to Tampa for $85.00 on Southwest. So I booked the 4 day cruise to go along with it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Plus

Upcoming cruises

Central Illinois
117,639 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Just got back from the JW TA and saw this. Very sorry for your loss Karen.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Northern Lower Michigan
11,980 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Host Clarea
Just got back from the JW TA and saw this. Very sorry for your loss Karen.
Thanks Bob, it's still too surreal. I have happy days with memories of her, and then sad days. There was so much I learned about her at the visitation with her friends, but it's too late now to tell her how proud I am of her.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ottawa, Illinois
4,244 Posts
Joined May 2009
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Plus

Upcoming cruises

Central Illinois
117,639 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by hannibal54
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Thanks, and to you and your family too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Northern Lower Michigan
11,980 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
YAY! I didn't overeat yesterday! Didn't really feel like celebrating. Found out I have to probate the account Mom's Social Security payment was going into. Now I have lawyer fees and court fees to deal with. I wonder how greedy the State of Michigan will be.
Central Illinois
117,639 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
YAY! I didn't overeat yesterday! Didn't really feel like celebrating. Found out I have to probate the account Mom's Social Security payment was going into. Now I have lawyer fees and court fees to deal with. I wonder how greedy the State of Michigan will be.
What a hassle. We were lucky, my Dad had set up a trust before he died and we were able to avoid probate. Good luck!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

San Antonio, Texas
4,352 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Very greedy, I'm sure. I hope you get it all worked out as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Originally posted by Host Clarea
What a hassle. We were lucky, my Dad had set up a trust before he died and we were able to avoid probate. Good luck!
My parents have done the same - I'm completely unsure how all that works though. Guess I'll find out eventually
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen
156 Nights at Sea
7/97 Carnival Jubilee - Mex Riviera

12/04 Empress of the Seas - S. Caribbean Photos
12/07 Sovereign of the Seas - Bahamas Photos

4/08 Carnival Destiny - S. Caribbean
4/10 Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean
9/10 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas Photos

1/11 Ruby Princess - E. Caribbean Photos
2/11 Navigator of the Seas - Cozumel Photos
8/11 Star Princess - E. Med/Greek Isles Photos
4/12 Jewel of the Seas - W. Caribbean
4/12 Caribbean Princess - S. Caribbean
3/13 Monarch of the Seas (farewell cruise) - Bahamas Photos
11/13 Caribbean Princess - W. Caribbean Photos
1/14 Jewel of the Seas - S. Caribbean Photos
1/14 Allure of the Seas - W. Caribbean Photos
4/15 Serenade of the Seas - Nola to Boston
10/15 Serenade of the Seas - Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale

4/16 Regal Princess - W. Caribbean
5/16 Coral Princess - Alaska
2/17 Coral Princess - Panama Canal Photos

4/17 Liberty of the Seas - W. Caribbean

Next cruise(s)
4/2018 Radiance of the Seas - New Zealand
5/2019 Celebrity Constellation - Europe

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Northern Lower Michigan
11,980 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
OK, it's official, I'm a basket case and I've decided to hate November. First Mom dies and now we just had to put down our beloved black lab, Lucy. Just like Mom's fast decline, all of a sudden in the last 2 days Lucy couldn't use her hind legs. She was 14 yrs old. Our Vet was nice enough (actually a great compassionate man) to come to our house on a Sunday to do it. Lucy went to heaven (I believe animals will be in the new heaven and new earth) with the 3 of us surrounding her telling her how she was the best dog we ever had, how good she was, and how much we loved her.
Central Maryland
17,228 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
I hope it's a good sign that November's almost over.

Roy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Index to active Crystal Roll Calls
Limited View Cabins

Future cruises:

1/5/18 Crystal Serenity/Symphony World Cruise
7/18/18 Volendam/Westerdam Alaska >>> 8/10/18 Crystal Symphony Panama Canal
11/10/18 Grandeur of the Seas Southern Caribbean
1/4/19 Prinsendam Grand South America
Central Illinois
117,639 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Cruzin-K
... My parents have done the same - I'm completely unsure how all that works though. Guess I'll find out eventually
Best to get a referral to a good estate lawyer. You want this done right.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Central Illinois
117,639 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
OK, it's official, I'm a basket case and I've decided to hate November. First Mom dies and now we just had to put down our beloved black lab, Lucy. Just like Mom's fast decline, all of a sudden in the last 2 days Lucy couldn't use her hind legs. She was 14 yrs old. Our Vet was nice enough (actually a great compassionate man) to come to our house on a Sunday to do it. Lucy went to heaven (I believe animals will be in the new heaven and new earth) with the 3 of us surrounding her telling her how she was the best dog we ever had, how good she was, and how much we loved her.
Sorry to hear that Karen, there's no easy way to lose a member of the family. Our standard poodle died naturally a couple of years ago. His decline also started with the hind legs slowly losing their function.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

San Antonio, Texas
4,352 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Oh no. I hope you have a much better December. Very sorry about Lucy (and I love her name), but it's good that you were all able to be with her at the end. She died surrounded by love.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen
156 Nights at Sea
7/97 Carnival Jubilee - Mex Riviera

12/04 Empress of the Seas - S. Caribbean Photos
12/07 Sovereign of the Seas - Bahamas Photos

4/08 Carnival Destiny - S. Caribbean
4/10 Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean
9/10 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas Photos

1/11 Ruby Princess - E. Caribbean Photos
2/11 Navigator of the Seas - Cozumel Photos
8/11 Star Princess - E. Med/Greek Isles Photos
4/12 Jewel of the Seas - W. Caribbean
4/12 Caribbean Princess - S. Caribbean
3/13 Monarch of the Seas (farewell cruise) - Bahamas Photos
11/13 Caribbean Princess - W. Caribbean Photos
1/14 Jewel of the Seas - S. Caribbean Photos
1/14 Allure of the Seas - W. Caribbean Photos
4/15 Serenade of the Seas - Nola to Boston
10/15 Serenade of the Seas - Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale

4/16 Regal Princess - W. Caribbean
5/16 Coral Princess - Alaska
2/17 Coral Princess - Panama Canal Photos

4/17 Liberty of the Seas - W. Caribbean

Next cruise(s)
4/2018 Radiance of the Seas - New Zealand
5/2019 Celebrity Constellation - Europe

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Ottawa, Illinois
4,244 Posts
Joined May 2009
Is anybody going on any cruises this month? We don't have any planned for December.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Plus

Upcoming cruises

Central Illinois
117,639 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by hannibal54
Is anybody going on any cruises this month? We don't have any planned for December.
Nope, not until March.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises