Escape - Live 7/22

TheDougOut

Looking at these pics I can't get Jackson Browne "The Load Out/Stay" out of my head. Now the seats are all empty . . .

Thanks for posting live! I'm going on the Escape Western Caribbean on the 9/2 sailing, and I already am sad looking at the pics of the closed-down bar and jacuzzi... :loudcry:

Our last night... Scott and I were served your "Liquid Marijuana" cocktail out of the blue. We weren't even ordering drinks, they just kept appearing by an over-zealous bartender.

I'll let you guess which one...

fb0b833acc5a09030573dffc410a1649.jpg

They all were pretty delicious but that morning was rough lol

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great report. I only got to follow along live for the first few days but I had a blast reading a live report. Finished up the rest over the last couple of day. We booked the Escape for next March and I was leery as our only previous experience with NCL left a lot to be desired but seeing this report and a couple of other makes me wish March would arrive a bit quicker.

• 4 weeks later...
You can only sign up for After Midnight and The Brat Pack ahead of time. The Company Men as well as the comedy shows and the rotating Supper Club entertainer all can be reserved as soon as you board. Dining slots are only open for a small percentage right now, the majority will open up as soon as you board. Book it before you go to lunch. Cagney's and Teppanyaki will be sold out by sail away. There are stand by lines that open up 10 minutes prior to all shows since that is when no shows lost their reservations.

The worst crowding you'll see all week is at the elevator banks right after muster drill. Second worst is poolside on sea days. Enjoy, it's a great ship. I will be on her in September for the third straight time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Can you use the phone app to reserve once you are on the ship or do you have to go to the desk? I also thought I read somewhere that you can place your reservations on touchscreens throughout the ship.

Can you use the phone app to reserve once you are on the ship or do you have to go to the desk? I also thought I read somewhere that you can place your reservations on touchscreens throughout the ship.

Yes to both. If you have the app set up you can do it while you are waiting to board. If you wait until you get on board, it's the wall mounted kiosks or at the box office, which opens at 1130 for entertainment reservations. Dining reservations need to be done at Headliners or the kiosk or the app.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Loved your review of the Escape. I will be going a 2nd time on the 20th of January. I have made reservations to Maya Chan Beach with a small deposit, Do they send out an invoice for the remainder of your balance? We can’t wait to get out of this crazy weather! Looking forward to reading your next review!

joining on one!

Can’t wait for our Baltic adventure!

I have made reservations to Maya Chan Beach with a small deposit, Do they send out an invoice for the remainder of your balance?

Yep! You’ll get an email 6-8 weeks out with a PayPal invoice for the final payment.

Speaking of Maya Chan, a post on their Facebook page last week...

d60f03685cc1b51a1a08101df2c81cac.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1432794566/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_6G2sAbTTC6XD5

Being that we are new to NCL, and will be sailing on the Escape out of NY in May for our son’s wedding, I decided to start reading some reviews of the ship. I started with this review, and loved it so much I went through all 44 pages at once. Now I’m off to read the other reviews by TheDougOut!

• 1 month later...
510469fd7f07136719f67d6ee8782ce5.jpg

uC5p6b3wns0

More to come. Posting live from the Escape 7/22.

Just got back 3 weeks ago and my first time walking into The District Brewhouse I had to strike this pose and my husband and two friends said "what is that?" I said that was for TheDougOut!!!!

• 1 month later...

Love your review! I'm a beer drinker and am always hanging out at our local breweries.. so yes, I'm a beer snob!

Can't wait for our cruise in Sept. on the Escape! I'll definitely have something to do!! Drink Beer!! Hope they have a decent DIPA , Stouts, and Belgian Dubbel selections! I'm going to try for the beer challenge...! It's on!!