UBP - Must try cocktail/drink list!

Warm-Water Diver

I think there had been some mention of St. Germain, and this link was in my most recent e-newsletter for Food and Wine: '3 Cocktails to Make With St. Germain', so I thought I'd pass it on.

Many thanks for the link.

I always buy a bottle of St. Germain elderflower liqueur when it is on offer in my local supermarket.

Not sure about NCL. Oceania has had the Luxardo at times. Creme de Violette has only come back into existence a few years ago after a long hiatus following its disappearance from production. I've yet to see it on an O ship. Haven't looked for the substitute Violette mentioned in earlier posts.

Onboard, my "go to" drinks (ingredients always available) are the aforementioned Side Car (Hennessy VSOP "Privilege" Cognac, Cointreau and fresh lemon juice); extra dry Bombay Sapphire or Hendrick's Martini and the classic Margarita with El Tesoro Reposado, fresh lime juice and agave nectar (though I can make an exception and add Cointreau instead of the agave - which they may not have).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you once again.

I can buy Luxardo Maraschino online ( though a few years ago we bought a bottle of the Maraska brand in Zadar).

I had a bottle of Creme de Violette that my sister gave to me as a Christmas gift .. but that ran out some time ago!

Still, I will keep searching & looking forward to an Aviation!

• 3 weeks later...

We will be going on a 21 day cruise this month , so I will try as many drinks from the lists as possible !

I have 5 days in New Orleans , before starting the Panama Canal cruise that ends in Seattle.

This will be my longest cruise so far, and my first with the UBP.

In the past I was not a big drinker on the ships , will keep it like that on port days. BUT come sea days , even if the ship is not rocking, I certainly will be ! LOL

Thanks for the lists and advice , & wish me luck on slaying the drink dragons for 3 weeks. :D

Thank you once again.

I can buy Luxardo Maraschino online ( though a few years ago we bought a bottle of the Maraska brand in Zadar).

I had a bottle of Creme de Violette that my sister gave to me as a Christmas gift .. but that ran out some time ago!

Still, I will keep searching & looking forward to an Aviation!

Update - Aviations were available at Champagne Charlies on the Spirit (but not at any other bars as they didn't have the ingredients).

I didn't enjoy the first one so much and then noticed it was from a pre-mixed bottle. From then on I asked if they could please make it freshly for me and these were so much better.

It is a lovely cocktail ( when made correctly!)

Update - Aviations were available at Champagne Charlies on the Spirit (but not at any other bars as they didn't have the ingredients).

I didn't enjoy the first one so much and then noticed it was from a pre-mixed bottle. From then on I asked if they could please make it freshly for me and these were so much better.

It is a lovely cocktail ( when made correctly!)

Nothing ruins a good cocktail like stored premixing, using citrus mix rather than fresh squeezed juice and using cheap booze or "substitutes" for hard-to-find ingredients (e.g., Creme de Violette).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I followed this thread before our Epic cruise, since we had the free UBP. I thought I would report back on my experience. During the week, I tried about 10 new drinks from the list provided, and left about 4 almost untouched. I did not care for Le Fizz or Aviation, so we discontinued our trials of Shakers drinks... We returned to our personal favorites, which are listed below:

I rated the following drinks “10”:

Amaretto Sour from Atrium Bar

Peach Bellini from Atrium Bar

Rebellious Fish from Atrium Bar and O’Sheehan’s

White Russian from The Cavern

I rated the following drinks a “9” (DH will disagree and give Bushwhacker a 10):

Bushwhacker from Atrium and O’Sheehan’s

BBC from pool towel station mobile bar and from O’Sheehan’s

Dark & Stormy from Atrium

Mr. Worldwide from Atrium

Happy Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you!

I didn't think that the ships would carry absinthe.

An Aviation sounds just like my kind of cocktail...

I'm in the UK and have googled Bada Bing cherries but I think they will be hard to find here. Maybe Luxardo maraschino cherries could be substituted?

And many thanks for the other recipes.

]

They had absinthe spray in one cocktail at the District. I couldn't taste any absinthe and mentioned that. The bartender said, "oops I forgot to put it". He pulled at a spray and misted the glass. Still didn't really taste it but that's probably a good thing.

A great drink is the Woodford Old Fashioned at the Tobacco Road on the Escape!

Ok...doing POA in 28 days...my plan is to order a rebellious fish first thing....any better advice?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's a great choice for your first cocktail. You could follow that up with "Mr. Worldwide" and it just wouldn't get much better than that for a starting 1, 2 punch :p:p

Not sure if this is going to work...

Here is a PDF of BOTH lists that have been mentioned...

Great, many thanks. However, any reason those highlighted in green? When I print B&W or even color it is really hard to read.

:tropical-drink::cocktail::whiskey-glass:

• 4 weeks later...
Great, many thanks. However, any reason those highlighted in green? When I print B&W or even color it is really hard to read.

:tropical-drink::cocktail::whiskey-glass:

Sorry 'bout that. I high-lighted our "personal" favorite cocktails in green. I've removed the green high-light for better viewing and attached the latest copy of the list (Xcel spreadsheet). I'd post in PDF as well but don't have the license for creating Adobe documents (only viewing them):

NCL UBP FAV DRINKS 2017 edition.xls

• Thanks 1

Sorry 'bout that. I high-lighted our "personal" favorite cocktails in green. I've removed the green high-light for better viewing and attached the latest copy of the list (Xcel spreadsheet). I'd post in PDF as well but don't have the license for creating Adobe documents (only viewing them):

Rocking and Rolling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone reviewing this wonderful thread, please note that Warm-Water Dave started it February 2015.

I make note of this, because there might be a few posts that have older info (ie: prices of drinks).

The spreadsheet it great to print if you want to reference drink names and/or ingredients while out-and-about, or during your cruise.

Again, many thanks to Warm-Water Dave!!!

Kahlua sour with a lime is a favorite but I also like the BBC, Mango meltdown & a Miami Vice. A true Pain Killer (found on White's Bay in St John's USVI) is the best but I haven't found one made to my taste on a NCL ship. I'll keep looking.

• 3 years later...
On 6/5/2015 at 12:10 PM, TheDougOut said:

It would appear we're up to a 7x7 bingo card. I'm thinking I might just have to print some up for our big family cruise in August.

And because I'm so competitive, I'm hoping someone takes some photos so I can later see what we did on the cruise.

Could I get a copy