Help me decide between 10-night Jade or 7-night Bliss

plum24

that's exactly why I am looking at Jade. DS will only miss one day of school - Monday, and the itinerary has interesting ports we haven't been to before. The price is reasonable (but not low).

It's interesting that if I choose the lowest guarantee inside stateroom and to pay for all three of us, the total is a little cheaper than if I were to choose a more expensive inside guarantee room with the 3rd person free perk.

That IS interesting. I just tried it, myself. $2035 with 3rd person free, $2004 without. LOL

That being said, the $2035 rate does come with $50 OBC, so it's a little cheaper to do it that way if you factor that in. :)

Incidentally, if you price out an OV that comes with the Free at Sea offers, you can get the free drinks package, and the total would be $2791, plus $50 OBC. If you plan to buy the drinks package separately, then that would be a net savings and a cabin with a window.

When we booked, we got all 5 offers because of the promo they were running. The drinks package would be wasted on me most of the time because I don't drink very much, but it will be nice to be able to order my fruity drinks and sodas and not have to worry about the bar tab. LOL

That IS interesting. I just tried it, myself. $2035 with 3rd person free, $2004 without. LOL

That being said, the $2035 rate does come with $50 OBC, so it's a little cheaper to do it that way if you factor that in. :)

Incidentally, if you price out an OV that comes with the Free at Sea offers, you can get the free drinks package, and the total would be $2791, plus $50 OBC. If you plan to buy the drinks package separately, then that would be a net savings and a cabin with a window.

When we booked, we got all 5 offers because of the promo they were running. The drinks package would be wasted on me most of the time because I don't drink very much, but it will be nice to be able to order my fruity drinks and sodas and not have to worry about the bar tab. LOL

Oh, I didn't see the OBC at all, maybe, because it's our first trip with Norwegian? I'll look again.

We don't buy drink packages or specialty dining. I can't drink, and DH can no longer drink more than a couple of beers a day.

And I've read that Norwegian charges a flat 20% tip daily on a drink package valued at $89 per day per person, whether you are drinking or not. So, it's not really free.... :(

Oh, I didn't see the OBC at all, maybe, because it's our first trip with Norwegian? I'll look again.

looked again - no OBC for the inside guarantee cabin with the 3rd person free perk. Under Offers it says:

YOUR OFFERS

Friends & Family

Now, if I try to "book" a balcony, it says

YOUR OFFERS

Friends & Family

Wifi

$100 onboard spending

that's

P.S. RCI has great FREE activities on their megaships. I don't understand it when you have to pay for go-carting and laser tag on Bliss. I just don't.

My guess is that if they didn’t charge it would be a madhouse and you’d never be able to get on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

looked again - no OBC for the inside guarantee cabin with the 3rd person free perk. Under Offers it says:

YOUR OFFERS

Friends & Family

Now, if I try to "book" a balcony, it says

YOUR OFFERS

Friends & Family

Wifi

$100 onboard spending

Sorry - you are correct. It looks like the $50 OBC for the interior was due to my NCL Latitudes profile, as they have double points and OBC for past guests as one of the promotions. If I log out of NCL.com, the OBC does, indeed, go away. :(

Last March we were on the Sun for that infamous Panama Canal cruise and my DD, although reluctant, attended the teen meet and greet. Best thing she ever did, barely saw her the entire time we were at sea. The group even reserved themselves tables in the MDR and had their own formal nights. They hung out in the atrium and played all the organised events, sat out on the stern restaurant drinking and snacking as a group, played cards, basketball, you name it. They actually made the teen club host/hostess as lonely as the Maytag repair man most days (dating myself???).

We will be on that Jade trip starting Mar 22/19 for the 10 days, and although past performance is no indicator of future results, my 14 yr old daughter is determined to try make the teen club work again. The Jade, also the Sun, are smaller than the new 'resorts at sea' but kids are resourceful and full of initiative when not cobbled. That trip proved that to me beyond doubt.

As for the younger children, I can't say since she is my youngest, but we saw the group of younger children during their outings and they were all having a great time.

So if you decide the Jade...we'll see you next spring.