Bluetooth speakers on Oasis

Sail2k

It's not just on the ship, it's everywhere. We were recently hiking in the Canadian Rockie Mountains. We came upon several groups of hikers with a bluetooth speaker strapped to their packs. Nothing like someone else's crappy music blaring through the wilderness... Hopefully RC will take steps to intervene when it happens in public spaces.

A strategically placed splash of water from the pool will silent the speaker.

Seriously though I have been successful In having ship management remove these from public areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not mine.. it waterproof as evidenced by dropping it in our spa at home

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sound carries. If you can hear it, others can hear it. Use headphones next cruise. Please.

Based on this one could not even have a conversation on their balcony. It is just about common sense. I would rather hear some nice music coming from a neighbors balcony then some of the conversation I have heard in the past. I have had to ask my young son to go inside because of the vulgar language people use on their balcony after a day in Cozumel.

A strategically placed splash of water from the pool will silent the speaker.

Seriously though I have been successful In having ship management remove these from public areas.

Not always, my BT speaker is water proof. :D

Sound carries on the balconies. You neighbor can hear EVERY conversation you have on the balcony, even if you are speaking in a quiet voice.

Please don’t use speakers on the balcony.

Thx

M

Oh, I'll definitely still use my speaker on the balcony. I would never use it at a high enough level that complaining would even be remotely reasonable. I sit on my balcony and read with some music playing the noise from conversations on neighboring balconies is always much louder. So, if someone were to ask me to turn it off, I would tell them I'd be happy to, as long as the promised to shut the hell up the entire time they are outside.

Sound carries. If you can hear it, others can hear it. Use headphones next cruise. Please.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Sorry, still using my speakers at a reasonable volume on my balcony. If "loud talkers" or loud children (parents won't control) can infringe on my "air" space I can use my speakers to play some John Coltrane.

BINGO!!!!

Based on this one could not even have a conversation on their balcony.

Precisely!