Jewel of the Seas new Cabins 1140 - 1162

I've been on Jewel of the Seas a few times, but not since the renovation earlier this year. I see several new "Superior Ocean View Staterooms with Balcony" cabins added on deck 11 1140 through 1162. These seem to be adjacent to the spa and are the only cabins on deck 11. Has anyone been in these cabins yet? I'm looking for any feedback before booking those rooms.

I saw your post a few days ago and have been also waiting for someone to reply. I have one of these new cabins booked for Apr 2017 and like you was waiting for some reviews. I think this is the only ship in the Radiance class that has gotten the Deck 11 cabins, so it only gives a month or so for folks to have experienced them. Hopefully we will get some info or reaction to them soon. I did notice from seeing pics and vids of the Jewel since drydock that these balcony's appear to be NOT under cover from higher floors etc and could be affected by bad weather.

I saw your post a few days ago and have been also waiting for someone to reply. I have one of these new cabins booked for Apr 2017 and like you was waiting for some reviews. I think this is the only ship in the Radiance class that has gotten the Deck 11 cabins, so it only gives a month or so for folks to have experienced them. Hopefully we will get some info or reaction to them soon. I did notice from seeing pics and vids of the Jewel since drydock that these balcony's appear to be NOT under cover from higher floors etc and could be affected by bad weather.

For the cruise I was looking at (June 2017) those were the only non-obstructed balconies remaining at the time so I just booked it that way, but a few days later a very nice aft cabin came available so we snatched that up. I think these new cabins will likely have a pretty good view, but I was concerned about possible noise and whether the balcony had any cover. Probably still a good cabin though. Hopefully someone on the cruises this past few weeks or the coming weeks will be able to help.

We stayed in those rooms. The location was fantastic. Very quiet hallway. Excellent view from the balcony. Close to the pools and windjammer. I felt like we were in our own private world up there. The balcony is opened to the sky. The only thing above you is the running track. You can also watch the captain maneuver in the part that sticks out...however, the rooms are above the captain. We thought the running track might be an issue but we either got used to the noise ip or peopl stopped running by morning 2;)...I would definitely stay in that hallway again. It was really fantastic.

Edited by Shasmit

We stayed in those rooms. The location was fantastic. Very quiet hallway. Excellent view from the balcony. Close to the pools and windjammer. I felt like we were in our own private world up there.

Thanks for the info! Is there any kind of cover over the balconies?

We stayed in those rooms. The location was fantastic. Very quiet hallway. Excellent view from the balcony. Close to the pools and windjammer. I felt like we were in our own private world up there. The balcony is opened to the sky. The only thing above you is the running track. You can also watch the captain maneuver in the part that sticks out...however, the rooms are above the captain. We thought the running track might be an issue but we either got used to the noise ip or peopl stopped running by morning 2;)...I would definitely stay in that hallway again. It was really fantastic.

Thanks so much for posting! We have these rooms booked and have been very curious.

• Thanks 1

No, there isn't any cover on the balcony. You also have a great view straight down into the water.

Thanks for info.

Never noticed these before. What cat are they??

Does look like a quiet location.

Recently on Jewel. Here's a picture, looking down from deck 12, of the "new" balcony cabins on deck 11.

5d8e38a49196ea0ecf4645bb6b711f46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Have to remember about these. No overhang and a proper sun trap

It was a bit windy on a few nights, and we loved all the sun so that was no problem for us. This was my first cruise so don't have a lot to compare it to. I felt like we won the lottery because we did a balcony Gtd only...so was expecting less. The picture I saw on this thread was pretty spot on...however, we never saw people above us. If wind is a concern, you might not like this location..walking back to the room at night requires walking through the pool area which was breezy. You can take the forward elevators and be right outside the hallway if that a concern.

• 6 months later...
So the fitness center is still there? I'm having trouble visualizing it. I remember the fitness center on Deck 12, with the jogging track outside. :confused:

Yes, the fitness center is still there. Now you've got me questioning my recollection of the fitness center on Radiance class ships. I don't recall if the gym equipment is on deck 11 or deck 12. I'm guessing that if the new staterooms were added to deck 11, then maybe they displaced some of the spa treatment rooms?

It was the part of the spa with the hairdresser.

So the fitness center is still there? I'm having trouble visualizing it. I remember the fitness center on Deck 12, with the jogging track outside. :confused:

Hi Travelgoddess. For your reference... Here's Jewel's starboard side deck 12 jogging track, the fitness center door on the right. This photo Dec 2015 pre refurb, but should be the same now

PC130848_zpsemvxjiqe.jpg

Here is what was underneath on deck 11, and is now the location of the new cabins. I have no clue what the new spa looks like, but I will in Aug/Sept :)

PC130875_zpsfzwstvmj.jpg

PC130873_zps26zlqekf.jpg

This last photo is looking forward (the bow of the ship would be to the right at the windows) where the spa "waiting room" was (is??). So behind me is where the new cabins are today.

PC130870_zpsqymvyzzq.jpg

We stayed in1158 in September, just after the cabins were fitted in. Very nice location, very quiet as there are only a few cabins so not lots of people going up and down the corridor. Not stewards carts every where. Very convenient for a swim in the spa, late night coffee or early morning breakfast, the windjammer. Also being new the cabin was spotless. We didn't notice an issue with the wind as someone else mentioned. Only issue I can think of is that I didn't particularly like walking across the deck on an evening when dressed up, particularly if others where still there in the jacuzzi. I would definitely book one again though.

I cruised in Nov 2016 for the transatlantic in cabin 1154 which is one of the new cabins. Its a very private and quiet area of the ship and convenient to the forward elevators and the Solarium pool area. I was worried that being so far forward and the balcony mostly uncovered that the wind would be a problem....never felt any wind to speak of while on the balcony. The cabin and all furnishings was brand new...had that new car smell..LOL I would like to recommend them but i don't want word to get out, because then they won't be available when i want one.