Booking excursions before the cruise?

uneamie

I was wondering if they charge your credit card "immediately" when you reserve or book a NCL excursion before you cruise. We'd like to use some of our onboard credit for those so I am not sure how that all works. Do we have to wait to book them till after we board? I wanted to get a jump on one of the excursions in case they sell out but at the same time I don't really want to pay for it till later.

I was wondering if they charge your credit card "immediately" when you reserve or book a NCL excursion before you cruise. We'd like to use some of our onboard credit for those so I am not sure how that all works. Do we have to wait to book them till after we board? I wanted to get a jump on one of the excursions in case they sell out but at the same time I don't really want to pay for it till later.

I have booked my excursions not online but calling the shore excursion line at (866)625-1167. We have the shore excursion credit and are platinum which saves 10%. Nothing was charged at the time. They sent us an email after each booking. You might call them.

I have booked my excursions not online but calling the shore excursion line at (866)625-1167. We have the shore excursion credit and are platinum which saves 10%. Nothing was charged at the time. They sent us an email after each booking. You might call them.

Me too, I also called the shore excursion line and they were able to book it for me. Later on that night, I received an email saying what I booked and the total cost. I did not have to pay anything. So to the OP - it is best to call the shore excursion line to see if they have any bookings available & to reserve. If doing it by yourself, then you would have to pay it with a credit card.

If you can't get around paying immediately, book the ones that are absolutely a must for you. Pay for them now and then use the OBC once on board to book the ones that you are more flexible about, assuming you don't have enough OBC to cover them all. They can sell out prior to boarding.

We have exactly the same situation and yes they do charge your card but to us, with the problems of so many ships now being in certain ports due to the hurricane situation we decided to go ahead and do it anyway. We feel we will find something else to use our OBC on. I am just concerned because so many ships, with all lines are now switching from the eastern to the western itinerary if you are talking about the near future and the Caribbean.

Never thought of that. I did ours on line, we did get credit for being platinum and p. plus in one case. I was amazed they did give us the credit. I am guessing if you have an excursion perk the same thing would happen, regardless of how you book. The system would automatically deduct the credit.

I have the latitudes shore excursion discount. I do not see the discount when I look up the excursion online. If I call them, do they give me the discount or is this something that happens automatically on the ship?

It depends on when you booked the cruise whether you get the discount or not. If booked before the changes to the Rewards programme in February you have to go to the Shore excursions desk on board to have the discount credited to your folio. If booked after it is automatic when you book.

As we are in New Zealand and a call to that number would be an International Toll Call. Has anyone been able to do it through a PCC in Miami?

Since my PCC offered to book my excursions when I'm ready, I would presume you should be able to do it through a Miami PCC.

Never thought of that. I did ours on line, we did get credit for being platinum and p. plus in one case. I was amazed they did give us the credit. I am guessing if you have an excursion perk the same thing would happen, regardless of how you book. The system would automatically deduct the credit.

The $50 excursion perk is not credited until AFTER you have taken the excursion so is not automatically deducted.

My understanding is that to get that credit you cannot have booked online but must have either booked by phone or onboard.