Random Enchantment/Vision class questions

BillOh

Yes, I'm bored and asking questions just for the fun of it. I'm headed for Enchantment for the first time and my first time on the Vision class.

1. Those big windows or cutouts that are noticable at the back of the ship. That looks like Deck 4-6 maybe. Are there big windows in the back of the dining room?

2. Those arches mid ship on the pool deck seem unique to Enchantment. I heard speculation they were added when she was stretched? Are they decorative, or something required by the lengthening? <- On that one, if you speculate, please say so ;)

Speculating that the arches are decorative.

Well, I've just given myself something to do, I like to add a picture in my review that nobody else has posted, at least recently. I doubt they will have a Captain's Corner on the 4 day, but I would ask. I think there is a bar at least on one side by them. This is my first time with a drink package, so I'll ask the all knowing bar tender. He should be the definitive answer.

Well, I've just given myself something to do, I like to add a picture in my review that nobody else has posted, at least recently. I doubt they will have a Captain's Corner on the 4 day, but I would ask. I think there is a bar at least on one side by them. This is my first time with a drink package, so I'll ask the all knowing bar tender. He should be the definitive answer.

Yep, there's a bar on one side, which also happens to be the smoking side.

Yes, I'm bored and asking questions just for the fun of it. I'm headed for Enchantment for the first time and my first time on the Vision class.

1. Those big windows or cutouts that are noticable at the back of the ship. That looks like Deck 4-6 maybe. Are there big windows in the back of the dining room?

2. Those arches mid ship on the pool deck seem unique to Enchantment. I heard speculation they were added when she was stretched? Are they decorative, or something required by the lengthening? <- On that one, if you speculate, please say so ;)

The windows you see at the back on Deck 6 are the Spotlight Lounge. Actually a very nice and good size lounge that, imho, is usually underutilized. The Dining Room doesn't go all the way to the back. The Galley is actually behind the Dining room.

The arches are purely decorative as best as I know. Can't imagine what function they'd perform.

Those arches up on the pool deck are one of my favorite things about Enchantment. One side as Oasis Bar and the other has table and such set up. Really enjoyed Enchantment all the times we were on her.

Also - one of my favorite things about Enchantment was the Parade of Flags the last evening. We never missed it. Loved it!

Was on Enchantment earlier this month and agree, those are the Spotlight lounge. A nice spot with great views but also agree with the prior statement that the space is greatly under utilized. Trivia and bingo was often held in the R-bar or Schooner lounge when Spotlight was empty and without a bar tender. :mad::mad:

Well, I'm not a marine engineer but I play one on TV, so I'll speculate that they are decorative and not structural. I can see the interview with the Captain now; "Well, the hull split under the waterline at the expansion seams, but those arches kept the pool deck intact... ;)

They have the Art Auctions in the Lounge. :o

The Oasis Bar on the pool deck that was added in the stretch has glass "portholes" in the floor so that you can look down on the sea from 11 decks up. Unfortunately, smoking is permitted at the bar and the smokers all gather there.

Those things on the pool deck were added as part of the stretch. They are called Sky Bridges, I believe.

S10-vi.jpg

Ok Enchantment experts, When Enchantment was extended, was it already in the Caribbean market? Wondering why they didn't do that to the other Serenade class ships. Maybe it was done just for the Caribbean market, or afterwards, the cost vs benefit wasn't there? Thanks for humoring me.

Ok Enchantment experts, When Enchantment was extended, was it already in the Caribbean market? Wondering why they didn't do that to the other Serenade class ships. Maybe it was done just for the Caribbean market, or afterwards, the cost vs benefit wasn't there? Thanks for humoring me.

Enchantment is a Vision class ship. From what I read, it was so expensive that they decided it was more cost effective to build a new ship.

Enchantment is a Vision class ship. From what I read, it was so expensive that they decided it was more cost effective to build a new ship.

There is no such thing as a Serenade class. You mean Radiance class. And as Bob said, Enchantment is Vision class, which you know, because you wrote it in your title.

The next ship to be stretched was to be the Grandeur. They decided that it wasn't worth the investment.

In her first summer of sailing stretched, the Enchantment sailed out of Philadelphia (Hurrah!) to New England & Canada.

Then she repositioned to Baltimore, I believe, and did a variety of itineraries.

Then she went to Florida and sailed the Caribbean.

Unless I am completely wrong, she returned to Baltimore for a while, then went back to Florida, where she has remained. Soon she is going to Galveston for a little while. (but still doing Caribbean itineraries)

They have the Art Auctions in the Lounge. :o

The Oasis Bar on the pool deck that was added in the stretch has glass "portholes" in the floor so that you can look down on the sea from 11 decks up. Unfortunately, smoking is permitted at the bar and the smokers all gather there.

Those things on the pool deck were added as part of the stretch. They are called Sky Bridges, I believe.

S10-vi.jpg

There is something I haven't heard or seen in my research so far. Maybe on the sea day the wind will make stopping at that bar not horrible.

Why did I write Serenade class? I was tired, and pain killers may have been involved. Of course I could count on being corrected. Glad to hear the info though, I like to go on board a "new"ship semi informed.

To help you visualize.

The Oasis bar is quite long and runs parallel to the starboard side close to the railing. The smoking section is located between the rail and the bar. The non-smoking area is on the other side of the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To help you visualize.

The Oasis bar is quite long and runs parallel to the starboard side close to the railing. The smoking section is located between the rail and the bar. The non-smoking area is on the other side of the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, I found a photo that matches that. Looking forward to the trip.

The windows you see at the back on Deck 6 are the Spotlight Lounge. Actually a very nice and good size lounge that, imho, is usually underutilized. The Dining Room doesn't go all the way to the back. The Galley is actually behind the Dining room.

The arches are purely decorative as best as I know. Can't imagine what function they'd perform.

I found a couple more videos that show the lounge.

• 3 weeks later...