laundry on Oasis of the Seas

noya213

Our family will most likely need to send some laundry to be washed during our 7 day cruise. Unfortunate that there are no self-serve laundry facilities...are there any laundry specials mid-way through the cruise?

Thank you!

We were on Oasis last week and never saw any laundry specials as we have seen in the past. I would ask your cabin steward about bag specials.

Thank you for the info. How was your cruise, btw? And I'm new here...where should I look for guidance on excursions? I'm clueless ;-)

We had a great time, we really enjoy that class of ships and had sailed Oasis before. There is a port of calls area that has subforums for each port that might help you. I would start by looking at the excursions in your cruise planner and then looking for reviews and suggestions in the port of calls area.

Oh no! Will there be laundry service or facilities available at any of the 3 ports?

What three ports are you going to? I have never actually looked for laundromats in port, but I would guess if you did some googling, you might find one.

I would really try to pack so you don't have to do laundry, wash a few things in the bathroom sink if needed and only do laundry on the ship if you absolutely need stuff.

Falmouth, Cozumel and Labadee.

The issue with bringing enough is that--we don't own that many pairs of underwear ;-) Also, we have to work around baggage restrictions. Thank you for your advice :-)

Some just wash small items in the stateroom sink and hang to dry.

I won't pay Royal's price for laundry service, so I pack a few plastic-coated wire hangers and some (deflated) balloons, along with a bit of Woolite and I wash out anything that needs laundered in the bathroom sink. After washing, I'll spread the item out on a beach towel that I roll up and stomp on to get excess water out, and then hang it on the plastic hanger and put a (now blown up and tied off) balloon in it so it will dry fast (the fabric gets more air circulation with the balloon inside). I pop the balloons and throw them away at the end of the cruise. Works like a charm, if you don't mind laundry hanging around your room for a few hours....

Janis

The issue with bringing enough is that--we don't own that many pairs of underwear ;-) Also, we have to work around baggage restrictions. Thank you for your advice :-)

Sounds like it will be cheaper to buy more underwear, than to pay for laundry service. Have you considered using packing cubes? They are inexpensive and you really can get a lot in them, especially if you roll your clothes. I used them last month on our 1st cruise. I will be buying more for our next cruise.

I will be on the Oasis of the Seas this coming April. I am really looking forward to it.

I won't pay Royal's price for laundry service, so I pack a few plastic-coated wire hangers and some (deflated) balloons, along with a bit of Woolite and I wash out anything that needs laundered in the bathroom sink. After washing, I'll spread the item out on a beach towel that I roll up and stomp on to get excess water out, and then hang it on the plastic hanger and put a (now blown up and tied off) balloon in it so it will dry fast (the fabric gets more air circulation with the balloon inside). I pop the balloons and throw them away at the end of the cruise. Works like a charm, if you don't mind laundry hanging around your room for a few hours....

Janis

You are super creative!!

I'm trying to think of an airline that charges more than $25 for a checked bag. Meanwhile a bag of laundry on oasis even on special is I think $35 and it's way less than what you can pack in a checked bag.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm trying to think of an airline that charges more than $25 for a checked bag. Meanwhile a bag of laundry on oasis even on special is I think $35 and it's way less than what you can pack in a checked bag.

The second checked bag can be $35. Plus that bag has to come home too, so figure $50-$70 round trip.

The second checked bag can be $35. Plus that bag has to come home too, so figure $50-$70 round trip.
D'oh! That was silly of me to forget. Though if they're wanting to wash stuff for 5 kids and parents that would fill a bag up with not much being cleaned. (Let's hope I remembered the kid count right, though even with a family of 5 total those bags fill up quick! I use them as dirty laundry bag and they don't last a whole cruise for just me!)

I'll add, hoping to be more helpful, that packing cubes help me be able to pack more in the same space. I just bought compressible ones that should help with space even more, but I haven't used em yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk