Beach Time in Eastern Caribbean

curtaincallcreek

We'll be on the 10 day Reflection cruise in November and will be going to 5 islands. We already have a snorkel trip for Barbados reserved and want to spend at least one day on one of the other islands on the beach. Which island and beach for anyone recommend as the best. Islands are St. Johns, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten.

We'll be on the 10 day Reflection cruise in November and will be going to 5 islands. We already have a snorkel trip for Barbados reserved and want to spend at least one day on one of the other islands on the beach. Which island and beach for anyone recommend as the best. Islands are St. Johns, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Here's the Caribbean Ports of Call board, there is plenty of good info there about your stops.

The island you identified as "St Johns", is actually Antigua, St Johns it the town where you dock.

It is sometimes confused with St. John, the USVI island accessed by many from nearby St. Thomas.

OP is talking about St. John’s Antigua. The Reflection doesn’t Dock in St. John’s USVI. Beach day I recommend is St. Maarten. Just take the water taxi to beach you can see from the pier. Easy, low cost, and great beach! As for what to do in St. John’s Antiqua, take the ship’s catamaran (double check that it uses a sailing catamaran) excursion that includes snorkel and lobster lunch. (I have already booked this for Christmas Day). Great fun. I would have previously recommended the catamaran tour that circled the island with stop for snorkeling, but no lunch. However, despite changing not a word of the excursion write-up, that tour now uses a large, non-sailing, ferry boat type of catamaran!

The Dutch side of St. Maartin has recovered much more than the French side. Additionally it's where you dock. Just walk off the ship and take the water taxi to the beach. It's about $7 per person for all day on the water taxi and you can rent chairs and umbrellas. There's also restaurants/bars there. Relaxing, easy to get to and nice beach. If you want a nice beach in St. Kitts, I'd recommend Carambola Beach Club. If you go there you can email them to reserve chairs/umbrellas and you pay when you get there. Short cab ride from the pier. Nice restaurant and bar there.

I second Carambola Beach Club in St. Kitts for a nice beach day. Plus you should get an interesting overview of the island on the ride there. But, if it is your 1st time in St. Kitts, you might want a more in-depth sightseeing tour as island has a lot of interesting sights.