Cabin Location on Viking Longship

Norvig

Cabin layout will most likely be the same, The location is simply a personal preference on how close to the front of the ship you prefer. We have sailed in both the very front of boat and towards the back.

Personally, I prefer being closer to the front - perhaps because I always seem to have "left something essential" in the cabin just before we get ready to head out on an excursion

:)

Just my experience, but we found our French balcony room on the Viking longship to be incredibly small for the 2 of us. We love Viking, but much prefer the veranda rooms, a little larger and we love the balcony, use it often. Having said that, and with no specific experience with either 202 or 232, after looking at the deck plan, looks like 202 is right off the reception area, might get a little noisy when people are grouping to leave or return on tours. You will also get a lot of people walking by to get to their rooms further down the hall, although we haven't found hallway noise to be a problem so far on our Viking cruises. It is closer to the dining room and stairs to go up to the lounge.

Just my experience, but we found our French balcony room on the Viking longship to be incredibly small for the 2 of us. We love Viking, but much prefer the veranda rooms, a little larger and we love the balcony, use it often. Having said that, and with no specific experience with either 202 or 232, after looking at the deck plan, looks like 202 is right off the reception area, might get a little noisy when people are grouping to leave or return on tours. You will also get a lot of people walking by to get to their rooms further down the hall, although we haven't found hallway noise to be a problem so far on our Viking cruises. It is closer to the dining room and stairs to go up to the lounge.

I agree! That little extra room and having a chair was well worth it! We also used our balcony quite frequently, but our cruise was in the warm weather, so that probably made a difference.

To answer the OPs question, we were in room 231 and loved it. No noise. Not far from the ice machine if that matters [emoji16]. And not far to walk anywhere. We liked it so much, we booked the same room for our cruise next fall!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

202 is a lot shorter walk when they call for the tours to meet up or when going to the restaurant and lounge. Also a shorter walk back to your room after a long day.

We stayed in 339 last cruise. It was noisy from the crew attaching the mooring ropes when we docked at night and also engine vibration.

202 is a lot shorter walk when they call for the tours to meet up or when going to the restaurant and lounge. Also a shorter walk back to your room after a long day.

We stayed in 339 last cruise. It was noisy from the crew attaching the mooring ropes when we docked at night and also engine vibration.

LOL - it’s not exactly a long trek even to the furthest cabin :)

Any location is fine. I was wondering about the noise in the deck 3 cabins from the walking track and when they have to lower everything on the sun deck to go under a low bridge. We got up one night to observe the transit through a lock. There was a walkway at the end that we had to squeeze under. They backed up to drop the railings and everything up top and it was kind of noisy. We were out on our veranda but still ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was wondering about the noise in the deck 3 cabins from the walking track and when they have to lower everything on the sun deck to go under a low bridge.

On our Grand European Tour we were woken on a couple of mornings by one individual who decided to power walk on the deck at 5:00 AM. :mad: Several people complained and an announcement was made to reiterate that the walking track was closed until 7:00(?) AM.

As far as clearing the deck, a lot of the low clearance travel is at night so it's taken down well before everyone is in bed. I never was disturbed by any of that.