HAL Laundry Package

ROBERTEVANOVER

• 2 months later...
Do you purchase this daily fee ($9 per bag - Europe) once you are on the ship? Or do you sign up for it prior to sailing?

You can order the unlimited package before you sail if you want. I believe you need to phone.

Most just sign up on the ship. There's usually the option right on your laundry bag slip that you fill in too :)

Just one point of clarification. The fee is for daily, unlimited laundry, not per bag. You can potentially send out more than one bag a day and, the bags do not need to be full ;)

One other thing, for unlimited laundry, you have to pay for each and every day of the cruise, whether you send laundry out or not. You might want to really consider your laundry requirements because, for example, laundry cannot be sent out the last 48 hours of the cruise (to ensure everyone gets their laundry back in time to pack it). On a 7 day cruise, you're only able to use it for 5 days but still have to pay for 7 days. Just something to consider if one is concerned with one's cruise budget.

I would love to see a picture of one of these laundry bags. Just to get a better idea on how much I could send out. We're only going on a 7 day Norway cruise, but do have 2 days pre cruise in Amsterdam. Would be nice to launder our jeans/pants on Day 2 or 3 of cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used the $20 per bag option (on our 22 day Zaandam cruise through South America) . You can stuff a lot in there! We did one set of laundry in the self service machines, $3.00 for the washer, $1.50 for the dryer but since there was always at least one machine out of order, and the washers took 30 minutes and the dryers were 45 minutes, there was a always a laundromat backup. $20 was well worth it!

You can request the laundry be folded or hung on hangers. We requested folded but it came back on hangers. Never mind, no complaints, we got everything back within 24 hours.

In North America, you have 3 options. $20 per bag, stuffed full, or, $7 per day for the full cruise, even though you can't use it for the last 48 hours, or by the piece, which is the worst prices. In Europe, those prices go up to $30 per bag and $9 per day.

The laundry bags look small, but it's amazing what you can stuff in there. I got 7 men's shirts, 6 shorts, 1 pair of long pants, 5 wife's undies, 5 pair of socks. As long as you can pull the drawstring closed, you are OK. Rolling clothes into a tight roll is the best way to get the maximum in the bag. Don't forget to put the laundry inventory list in the bag before you close it. We leave it on our bed around 8:30 AM and it is usually back, on hangers for shirts and folded in a basket for the smaller stuff, by the next day.

I recall once getting laundry service in Cozumel. A woman met me off the ship, took my laundry, and had it back to me as we boarded the ship a few hours later. IIRC, it was about $7.00! I may have to look into that again for our next cruise...:confused:

I recall once getting laundry service in Cozumel. A woman met me off the ship, took my laundry, and had it back to me as we boarded the ship a few hours later. IIRC, it was about $7.00! I may have to look into that again for our next cruise...:confused:

Nice savings, but what would you have done if the woman never showed up with your laundry by sailing time ? A $13 saving over the ship $20 bag rate seems nice until you are sailing away wondering who in Cozumel will be sporting your duds after you left.

Nice savings, but what would you have done if the woman never showed up with your laundry by sailing time ? A $13 saving over the ship $20 bag rate seems nice until you are sailing away wondering who in Cozumel will be sporting your duds after you left.

I had a LOT of laundry, as we were traveling with our kids. Just like anything else, you research, you read the reports from other satisfied (or not) past customers, and make a decision.

Some say the same thing about booking excursions off the ship.

I like to live a little, I guess. Yes, if my clothes hadn’t been returned, I would have been upset. They were returned in time and I lived to tell the tale. :)

I would love to see a picture of one of these laundry bags. Just to get a better idea on how much I could send out. We're only going on a 7 day Norway cruise, but do have 2 days pre cruise in Amsterdam. Would be nice to launder our jeans/pants on Day 2 or 3 of cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For example, I put two pairs of slacks, two shirts, two pair socks, underwear, two handkerchiefs, and a pair of pajamas, and tied the drawstring with some space to spare.

Per advice I received on CC I called HAL and preordered and paid for unlimited laundry before a European cruise and was charged the $7 rate instead of $9. I believe it would have been the higher rate if I had waited and ordered it on the ship itself. Maybe I just got lucky. Planning to do that again for a cruise on the Rotterdam in May.

Does HAL stipulate that both passengers buy the laundry package or can only one buy it? The drink package must be bought by all in the cabin. My wife doesn't drink Ergo no drink pack for me. cheaper by the drink.

Laundry covers all in the same stateroom for a single price.