Uniworld group transfer or a private transfer in Budapest.

mozfoz

So, we will arrive in Budapest at about noon, after an overnight flight. Uniworld provides free transportation from the airport to the ship. This free transfer is a nice option, but after a long flight, and because of the reasonable price of a private driver, is it money well spent to have a private driver to transfer us to the ship and and avoid any delays.

The decision is totally up to you. Have you had to wait for a transfer in the past ? We have always been immediately met by a Uniworld rep and not had to wait for more than 20 minutes for the rep to gather everyone and get them in the van.

RB

So, we will arrive in Budapest at about noon, after an overnight flight. Uniworld provides free transportation from the airport to the ship. This free transfer is a nice option, but after a long flight, and because of the reasonable price of a private driver, is it money well spent to have a private driver to transfer us to the ship and and avoid any delays.

Please let Uniworld know if you decide to forego the group transfers, as they will be looking out for you at the airport, and they will have others sitting on a bus/van waiting while they gather people. Nothing worse than having sat there on a van for 30 minutes after flying internationally, only to have the rep board the bus and say "the couple we were looking for has already made it to the ship on their own, we can go on now".

On my most recent Uniworld cruise, the rep was waiting for me and another person on my flight. As soon as we were both there with our suitcases, off we went. I can't see paying again for something I've already paid for, but that's me. Agree 100% with Terry&Mike about notifying Uniworld if you're going out on your own.

Roz