NCL Pearl in October 2018

trick

I am on the Pearl round trip from San Diego on a charter from the 14th to 21st. However the ship is scheduled to depart from Los Angeles on the 20th on a Panama Canal trip. Which one to believe? The charter company or NCL?

I would believe NCL since they are still selling cabins leaving LA on the 20th.

Seems a bit strange.

Do you have a link to that charter?

Does your charter include a hotel somewhere? Where does it say the ship is on the 19th, 20th, and again on the 21st?

It is an Atlantis charter. I was on this year recent trip. Same time as next years trip Oct 14th to 21st. We asked if Atlantis knew of the discrepancy and they are aware. Want I want to know who is wrong? NCL is advertising a Los Angles trip while Atlantis is advertising San Diego. I am aware the Pearl is not for sale because of the charter. Just the fact that our charter arrives the 21st in San Diego while NCL begins a cruise from Los Angles the 20th all on Pearl.

What did they do with charter this year? I looked at the schedule and it's obviously out of service for charters and ends in NOLA but just wondering if you looked up how it got to San Diego to start your charter for 10/17?

For 2018 it looks like the Pearl does coastal cruise to Los angles, then has 14 nights of charters, I'm assuming out of la and not San Diego, and then starts the la - Tampa sailing on 10/20/18. I'm booked on the 10/20/18 sailing and haven't received anything about a cancellation or change of dates. Perhaps they are working on an additional charter or ?

Airfare will be available for purchase in the next couple months so I would think they will let us know here fairly soon.

I looked on the Atlantis website and didn't see anything about a charter on the Pearl in 2018. Where is your charter even advertised for booking?

We just finish the yearly Mexico cruise. San Diego round trip Oct 14 to 21 on Holland America Oosterdam. While on the trip Atlantis was signing up the current passengers. Same time and San Diego but on NCL Pearl. We asked the question about the ship is leaveing the 20th from Los Angeles. Our cruise returns to San Diego on the 21st. The answer had to do with power while docking. Los Angels wants the ship to turn off its power and use land based power. San Diego lets the ship make its own power. I could be wrong. We will see who is right soon.

We just finish the yearly Mexico cruise. San Diego round trip Oct 14 to 21 on Holland America Oosterdam. While on the trip Atlantis was signing up the current passengers. Same time and San Diego but on NCL Pearl. We asked the question about the ship is leaveing the 20th from Los Angeles. Our cruise returns to San Diego on the 21st. The answer had to do with power while docking. Los Angels wants the ship to turn off its power and use land based power. San Diego lets the ship make its own power. I could be wrong. We will see who is right soon.

I'm certain that In years past that NCL has used LA as a port. They could possibly charter the October 20 la - Tampa sailing but that would still not solve your San Diego port and sail date discrepancy. I'm betting the travel agency booking you on the recent sailing has it wrong. They aren't going to take the ship and move the itineraries before and switch dates just to save a few bucks on a couple hours of power. At this point that would cost an immense amount of $. Sounds like the Atlantis salesperson had it wrong when signing up passengers.

During the cruise on Holland Oosterdam the president of Atlantis was taking reservations for next year cruise. I did not go thru a travel agent. I should call NCL but probably say the web site is correct. We will see.

During the cruise on Holland Oosterdam the president of Atlantis was taking reservations for next year cruise. I did not go thru a travel agent. I should call NCL but probably say the web site is correct. We will see.

Perhaps this person has an inside information but.. if NCL was actually changing embarkation ports and switching up sailings on each end just because they can generate their own power for the few hours in San Diego? Sorry but it sounds highly implausible. Now if he told you his company was chartering the ship for the days it is scheduled LA to Tampa that would make sense but it's sounds a lot more plausible that the ta just had their stuff printed wrong and when questioned Made up a really lame excuse.

• 2 months later...
I am on the Pearl round trip from San Diego on a charter from the 14th to 21st. However the ship is scheduled to depart from Los Angeles on the 20th on a Panama Canal trip. Which one to believe? The charter company or NCL?

Looks like you were right all along. I apologize.