Moving to luxury lines

This is good information! I didn't know that! I just assumed that charges for alcoholic beverages were built into the quoted fare. And those ships are a very nice size. Thanks!!!

The fare does include unlimited beverages, whether alcoholic or not. But I don't let that stop me......I decide if I think the experience is worth the price; I know I will not use everything included in the cost, and that's OK. When I sail on Crystal, I don't go to all the included classes or see the included shows, for instance, but it's still worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why are you "stuck" because you don't drink? There's nothing about an all-inclusive line that says you have to drink, and the all-inclusive situation does not mean that the place is full of drunks. If what you want is upscale, then go for it and enjoy all the upscale services and amenities, as well as the atmosphere of all-inclusive (no one trying to sell you anything, no asking you for your card to charge you, etc.)

Huh? I never implied that I thought the ships were "full of drunks" or that sailing on an all-inclusive line meant that I have to drink. All I meant was that I am disinclined to pay a fare that has the price of alcoholic beverages built into it. When I'm in a bar with friends and don't drink I'm not expected to pay for alcoholic beverages that I didn't order.

Whatever, I believe that I've received useful information from Barrheadlass and will check out Oceania. And yes, I already know that line is tiered a notch lower than Crystal, Regent, Seabourn, Silverseas, etc.

Huh? I never implied that I thought the ships were "full of drunks" or that sailing on an all-inclusive line meant that I have to drink. All I meant was that I am disinclined to pay a fare that has the price of alcoholic beverages built into it. When I'm in a bar with friends and don't drink I'm not expected to pay for alcoholic beverages that I didn't order.

Whatever, I believe that I've received useful information from Barrheadlass and will check out Oceania. And yes, I already know that line is tiered a notch lower than Crystal, Regent, Seabourn, Silverseas, etc.

Yes, you didn't imply any drunks.....but I've heard others say they didn't want to sail in all inclusive because of it, so I do know it's a reason some people think that.

There will ALWAYS be something built into the price that you won't use, but if it makes you happier to not sail an all-inclusive, that's fine.