Venting :(

cfr70

The one thing I didn't see any mention of was the confirmation number the Chase would give for the charge. So since you still get the perk you paid for, are you going to dispute?

I'm not going to dispute it because I finally received what I bought. It's Carnival's money to lose now and if they lost it, that's their problem, not mine. It WOULD have been nice had they offered that $60 as OBC for all this frustration but they didn't....and I have a long memory.

I just checked my online banking for that transaction and don't see a confirmation number showing. All that's there is what looks like a phone number and it doesn't expand for more information when I click on the transaction like some banks do. Weird. This is all it shows. But as I said, this is their accounting department's problem now. Thankfully not mine and I can go on planning the cruise stress free....(as long as they don't screw with my Cheers purchase. That definitely WON'T sit well with me!)

Here's what it looks like on my transaction page:

Jul 17, 2017CARNIVAL SHORE EXCUR 800-929-64000 FL 07/15Debit card transaction−$59.95

Ah! I finally Googled that number in the transaction and it's just a Carnival toll free number. So no, there's no confirmation number, just Carnival's phone number....weird that's all it shows and nothing more.

I'm not going to dispute it because I finally received what I bought. It's Carnival's money to lose now and if they lost it, that's their problem, not mine. It WOULD have been nice had they offered that $60 as OBC for all this frustration but they didn't....and I have a long memory.

I just checked my online banking for that transaction and don't see a confirmation number showing. All that's there is what looks like a phone number and it doesn't expand for more information when I click on the transaction like some banks do. Weird. This is all it shows. But as I said, this is their accounting department's problem now. Thankfully not mine and I can go on planning the cruise stress free....(as long as they don't screw with my Cheers purchase. That definitely WON'T sit well with me!)

Here's what it looks like on my transaction page:

Jul 17, 2017CARNIVAL SHORE EXCUR 800-929-64000 FL 07/15Debit card transaction−$59.95

That is just so strange. But at least all is good now. I agree, they should have given you some OBC or something. Heck, I would call and say "you caused me all this, I would appreciate some OBC please". Never know...

That is just so strange. But at least all is good now. I agree, they should have given you some OBC or something. Heck, I would call and say "you caused me all this, I would appreciate some OBC please". Never know...

I'm going to drain their bars dry with Cheers lol.

But it's over and i'm just happy it's behind me. It was so upsetting to be checking the Carnival booking daily to only see boarding pass and luggage tags still not updated to show the FTTF. It probably never will be but at least I have the e mail substitute now....I may have it laminated for further protection haha.

Thanks for letting everyone know that it was finally resolved. I know it was extremely frustrating, I am glad that it all worked out ok. Enjoy Cheers.

Thanks. I finally printed out all my documents along with the FTTF e mail so I can sit back now and anticipate the trip with no worries.

I was going to order some Cruise Cash and water for the cabin, but after this, I think it's best to just wait until i'm on the ship to do that! :)

Still pissed how they handled things though. Not so much Carnival as the 2 PVP's i've dealt with as neither wanted to do anything to help me resolve this.

Just curious if you are working with an "assigned" PVP or just the random one you get if you call the 800 number.

We have an assigned PVP and have worked with her for several years. We have her Carnival number and her extension and she has fixed any problem we have encountered. We can't share PVP names on this board, but if you have a friend (or friends) that uses one, you might want to ask for a recommendation from them.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

PS -- Glad it is resolved. Really enjoy Cheers! :')

Just curious if you are working with an "assigned" PVP or just the random one you get if you call the 800 number.

We have an assigned PVP and have worked with her for several years. We have her Carnival number and her extension and she has fixed any problem we have encountered. We can't share PVP names on this board, but if you have a friend (or friends) that uses one, you might want to ask for a recommendation from them.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

PS -- Glad it is resolved. Really enjoy Cheers! :')

I had a great PVP but she got promoted and assigned me the evil PVP that did absolutely nothing about the whole FTTF issue. When I contacted her about him, she assigned me a new one a couple weeks ago, but he was always "out of the office" and I could never reach him.

So I went back to the great PVP and she gave an effort to fix the issue herself, but I knew it wasn't her area anymore and finally reached the new one who decided to come back to the office and he tried helping but was just as bad as the evil PVP I originally had. Just obviously didn't give a flying you know what about anything.

He's technically still my PVP but i'll be damned if I contact him again. I've reached the point where I want nothing to do with any of them anymore.

I got more done through Guest Access and contacting Facebook in 1 week than I did with 3 PVP's in 2 months. Lesson learned. Granted this is only MY experience and i'm not putting down PVP's in general. People swear by them and I consider them lucky...as for me, i'm just done with them. For me, they're pretty useless.

Thanks for well wishes, I can enjoy planning the cruise now that this is resolved and will really enjoy the Cheers!! :cool: