Laundry tokens

DeanoNorthPerth

On our first Marina cruise in 2013 we were using U.S. quarters, but after that they shifted to tokens.

On all of our recent cruises (Marina, Sirena and Nautica) we were using tokens.

I did see a recent post that seemed to indicate back to quarters ... but I'm suspicious of that since so many passengers these days don't have access to U.S. coins. It would seem easier to stick with tokens, even though I personally would prefer quarters. That's because I collect quarters from our Coop apartment building's laundry equipment, so it's easy for me to bring enough along on a cruise.

Most people don't have that option!

The answer is: I'm not sure. Since 2014 we've been using tokens.

In just looking at your question again, we've had the same tokens on both the "R" and "O" ships.

I suppose that could change too ... but we had some left over from Marina that we used on Nautica. But that was last year.

Mura

On our first Marina cruise in 2013 we were using U.S. quarters, but after that they shifted to tokens.

On all of our recent cruises (Marina, Sirena and Nautica) we were using tokens.

I did see a recent post that seemed to indicate back to quarters ... but I'm suspicious of that since so many passengers these days don't have access to U.S. coins. It would seem easier to stick with tokens, even though I personally would prefer quarters. That's because I collect quarters from our Coop apartment building's laundry equipment, so it's easy for me to bring enough along on a cruise.

Most people don't have that option!

The answer is: I'm not sure. Since 2014 we've been using tokens.

In just looking at your question again, we've had the same tokens on both the "R" and "O" ships.

I suppose that could change too ... but we had some left over from Marina that we used on Nautica. But that was last year.

Mura

I was on Insignia in May 2017. I did laundry. Very easy to go to the service desk and ask for tokens. They are placed directly on your stateroom bill -- no money needed at the time and you can use ship OBC whatever. When machine malfunctioned and the coin slot jammed the desk refunded the tokens (replaced them). At end of cruise I just turned in 3 or 4 leftovers and they were credited to my account. I do not think quarters will work since there were not slots for the amount that the machines cost (if I remember correctly). Soap is provided automatically in the machines. Must use their soap because of ecological reasons. It gets really crowded in laundry room but most (not all) the passengers played nicely. Warning to short people. Really hard to get clothes in and out of the top dryers. Take the tall person with you.:cool:

They looked the same to me

If you have leftovers from one ship you can probably use them on another ship

Turn them in and they are just credited back to your account. Then don't have to remember the ship they go to.

No, the tokens are different on the O and R ships, but both use tokens. We were on the Nautica in January and the Marina in March. The tokens were not the same, though both ships used tokens. If you have extra tokens at the end of your cruise just take them to Guest Services on your last day and they will be credited to your account.