Review (short) on a 12 day Regent cruise

Caroldoll

As many of us know, we cruise Regent, Oceania, Crystal and Seabourn as well as Silversea.

Recently we so a cost-effective cruise from Rome to Venice. We jumped on it and took the ship hotel and transportation at the start. We did our own air as we didn't want a different flight.

On arrivial, nothing special. We all had to find our own way to Rome (Civtecchia) and that is down, down. We made it to the ship and we were greeted by the first time ever female butler. She became close and friendly and she did everything a male did but she did it better.

As to Regent, they need to ramp it up A LOT. Restaurants don't care, with the exception of Sebastian if she is aboard. No one else cares. In all cases the beef quality is prime or prime less.

Dinners in the MDR are uninspirael. Would rather not eat. No REAL gelato.

Tours disorganized.

No way, we will go separately. Just to mention it took them OVER 2 hours to get the luggage off.

Everyone, try Regent.

Carol, Which ship were you sailing? Since you took their hotel pkg didn't they transfer you...it's a long ride.

While,as always, there are both positive and negative posts about cruises, it does seem to me that there are several negative posts for Regent currently and that they mostly focus on Compass Rose,especially the service.

Then why, since you obviously detested your Voyager Cruise, are you telling everyone to “Try Regent”??

(And the “MDR” is Oceania’s Main Dining Room; Regent’s is Compass Rose, of course....)

I think Carole was being "facetious" when she said to "Try Regent". She clearly was unhappy with her cruise. Jet lag from Rome to CA can also be a nightmare. I am sure she was exhausted when posting.

Assuming that this is true, she will likely clarify her post (as she started to do last night) soon. As I recall, Carole thoroughly enjoyed her Explorer cruise and the Voyager cruise doesn't sound as good. This does not necessarily mean that she no longer wants to sail on Regent.

Absolutely right, Jackie TC2.

The Explorer is great.

The Voyager is something else. Just my opinion. I was thoroughly happy as Natures Rhythm was aboard.

The officers and crew were absolutely wonderful.

The ship is something else, and so is the food in my opinion. However, we eat to live, and do not live to eat, so it wasn't a big thing. Just really substandard.

The ship itself has very upgraded soft goods, carpets and drapes, but the rest is really 50ish.

The itinerary was spectacular.

We did not like the included tours (2) that we took. As a matter of fact, one was cancelled. If we had not had friends who lived in Messina where the ship went we would have had a thoroughly horrible time.

We found out from an officer, no names here, that the tenders they use are old and lightweight, so if there is any turbulence they will change ports or stay at sea. This happened in a port that was very important to us, but as I said, we had friends who lived in Messina so all was good.

Caroldoll - very sorry to hear that the food was not up to par on your trip. With the exception of two nights where the chicken was very overcooked in CR, our meals were generally very good to excellent. I really like the new menu and our service was superb. Glad you enjoyed the trio.