Amenities - Shampoo?

D&L Thomas

Sorry to ask this silly question but a quick search didn’t bring it up ... we haven’t cruised with Princess for a few years and I am packing for a B2B on the Regal (YAY!)

Question is: Do they still supply fairly nice shampoo, conditioner, and lotion? We have a balcony.

Thanks in advance!:confused:

What we got in a balcony cabin was a shampoo/conditioner combined product in a dispenser in the shower. There was a small bottle of lotion which was replaced when I left it on the bathroom counter. There is also a body wash in the shower and a small soap at the bowl. Sorry, but I wouldn't call the shampoo product "nice." I'd put it closer to "barely acceptable." On our following cruises, I brought my own shampoo and conditioner, but continued to use their lotion and body wash.

On Royal in November what I thought was the tube of lotion on the sink turned out to be conditioner as I discovered after applying it to my dried-out-from-the-heated-loungers legs.

It probably would have complemented the combo shampoo/conditioner in the shower dispenser, which was adequate.

But at least the bar soap supplied at the sink was decent quality, and the steward left a second bar once it was opened. Which I used in the shower as the shower gel in the dispenser was horrid; makes the dollar store brand of all-in-one hair + body wash seem salon quality by comparison.

Edited by fishywood

You didn't state your tier because elite tier gets the individual bottles in a cute little gold bag. The gold bag also contains a nail file, lip balm, loffa sponge and lotion.

I don't get shampoo or conditioner in the little gold bag. The other offerings vary, I've gotten a gel eye mask (what the heck do you do with that?), Qtips (not great quality), shower cap, etc.

OP: I'm not picky about shampoo, but the provided shampoo is no good. I bring my own conditioner and use the provided shampoo...works for me.;)

You didn't state your tier because elite tier gets the individual bottles in a cute little gold bag. The gold bag also contains a nail file, lip balm, loffa sponge and lotion.

So do Suite occupants, even if a Blue Card holder enjoying their first ever cruise! :D

If you use a particular shampoo & conditioner, I respectfully suggest getting some travel-sized bottles-I found mine in Cheap as Chips here in Australia-and decanting your own supplies. I found several different combinations of bottles, bottles and small jars and sets, under AUD$5 IIRC. I set had printed labels to identify the contents-I thought that very useful. It's several years since I bought mine, so not sure of availability and prices. HTH.

Enjoy your cruise.

In my opinion they are terrible. I have long hair and cannot comb through it using their products. I would not take a chance with their products again. But....my boyfriend doesn't have a problem with their hair care products.

I totally, totally agree with this!! The shampoo is horrible if you are used to decent shampoo. It's fine for men or women with short hair, but if your hair is shoulder length and color-treated, it's horrible. It feels like it strips your hair of all nutrients and is a really low quality.

I totally, totally agree with this!! The shampoo is horrible if you are used to decent shampoo. It's fine for men or women with short hair, but if your hair is shoulder length and color-treated, it's horrible. It feels like it strips your hair of all nutrients and is a really low quality.

It's not even fine with short hair! I always take my own shampoo.

It's not even fine with short hair! I always take my own shampoo.

Both the shampoo and conditioner are horrible regardless of the length of one's hair.

Elites used to receive individual bottles of Elemis products. No longer. .

We did 31 days on Princess in 2016 and 25 days on Princess in 2017 and never received individual bottles for shampoo or conditioner (only for lotion) in our little gold bags. I don't think we did in 20 days of cruising in 2015 either.

As others have mentioned, the shampoo and conditioner are horrible. Basically they are very drying. The bath gel and bar soap is fine. The lotion isn't very moisturizing but is a good hand lotion. As much as I hate to, I bring my own shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I don't want to risk a store near the port being out of the brand I like or not having it period.

Our bag of goodies included the small tubes of Elemis shampoo and conditioner. We were in a suite in December on the Royal, and but also received the bag as Elites in an inside on the Caribbean in August. I usually have some little bottles of shampoo and conditioner in my Dopp kit. We ask our cabin steward for a bar of soap for the shower. I'm not a fan of shower gel.

Recently off Crown and the bath gel foams up, but wasn't great. The shampoo (-conditioner combo, maybe?) was super drying. DW hated it, and even with short hair I found it overly drying and left my scalp itchy after 4 or 5 uses. If space is a major issue, you could probably get away with just packing some conditioner and using that after the shampoo to supplement.

I know DW is planning to pack her own body wash and shampoo after this cruise. It may be a recent change, or ship to ship variability though; on Coral in June they were still giving out Lotus Spa travel sized packets, and that worked just fine fwiw.

Sorry to ask this silly question but a quick search didn’t bring it up ... we haven’t cruised with Princess for a few years and I am packing for a B2B on the Regal (YAY!)

Question is: Do they still supply fairly nice shampoo, conditioner, and lotion? We have a balcony.

Thanks in advance!:confused:

Bring your own.