New cruiser question: Ironing clothes--Noordam--Pinnacle Suite

Dev'sMom

Hello,

We're (me, husband, 8yo son) cruising Alaska in June 2018, and splurged for a Pinnacle Suite to kick off what may become a new family travel hobby if all goes well! I stumbled across posts about no iron in any rooms. Does this include the Pinnacle Suites? I'd like to consolidate packing by stuffing everything in a few suitcases rather than adding garment bags and hoping things don't wrinkle if I pack a certain way, especially formal clothing.

So if there's no iron allowed/available, do I purchase a laundry/pressing package?

I need to iron this out :-) Thanks for your advice!

Ironing, laundry and dry cleaning are free for the Pinnacle Suites as well as the Neptune Suites. We have traveled in 7046 many a time on the Noordam and love the suite. Enjoy your cruise to Alaska. My family will be onboard in the Pinnacle Suite for the May Alaska cruise.

Once you get on board and unpacked, anything that needs to be ironed, give them to one of your 2 cabin stewards. They will take care of that for you.

We have found that the service in the Pinnacle Suies is fast.

Once you have stayed in the Pinnacle Suite, you will not want to cruise in any other category.

You can also have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill -- same menu as the main dining room -- also the same times.

Last time we were in a Neptune Suite, which includes free dry cleaning, we saw a wardrobe rack roll by with at least 6 men's suits on it. Considering the newer informality of cruising today I suspected he was not going to be wearing all those freshly dry cleaned suits while on board - but did enjoy this wonderful Neptune/Pinnacle perk.

Thanks for clarifying, all! OlsSalt, I've been reading the boards about things going less formal. Still, I haven't worn a dress in a few years so I'm looking forward to having a good excuse to, especially when I don't have to do any cleaning or dishes for a week! And my husband likes to dress a little more formal than jeans for dinner--at least a button down shirt with khakis or slacks/tie. Planning on Pinnacle Grille or Canaletto night dinners to be dressy too.

We are looking forward to the suite perks, and especially the space in our room!

Enjoy your upcoming Alaska cruise, Sage! We'll be following a month after you in 7045, after our HAL land portion :-)

Krazy Kruizers, glad to hear that the laundry/ironing services are fast. By the way, I'm slightly afraid of not wanting to leave Pinnacle Suites! We're kicking around the idea of Norwegian Fjords in 2019 on the Nieuw Statendam--the Pinnacle for 1 week there costs as much as our 12 night land & sea Alaska package. I'm also amazed that they only put 1 Pinnacle Suite on that brand new ship! It will be hard to get. So I was mulling a Neptune Suite at half the cost, but unfortunately there isn't even a privacy curtain between the bed and sofa area. We really need that after bedtime, having our young son with us. Even the signature suites at least seem to have a partial separation between the sleeping/sitting area and the murphy bed area. Down side, other than size, is no Neptune Lounge access.

Edited by Dev'sMom
laundry/press turn-around time

Thanks for clarifying' date=' all! OlsSalt, I've been reading the boards about things going less formal. Still, I haven't worn a dress in a few years so I'm looking forward to having a good excuse to, especially when I don't have to do any cleaning or dishes for a week! And my husband likes to dress a little more formal than jeans for dinner--at least a button down shirt with khakis or slacks/tie. Planning on Pinnacle Grille or Canaletto night dinners to be dressy too.

We are looking forward to the suite perks, and especially the space in our room!

Enjoy your upcoming Alaska cruise, Sage! We'll be following a month after you in 7045, after our HAL land portion :-)

Krazy Kruizers, glad to hear that the laundry/ironing services are fast. By the way, I'm slightly afraid of not wanting to leave Pinnacle Suites! We're kicking around the idea of Norwegian Fjords in 2019 on the Nieuw Statendam--the Pinnacle for 1 week there costs as much as our 12 night land & sea Alaska package. I'm also amazed that they only put 1 Pinnacle Suite on that brand new ship! It will be hard to get. So I was mulling a Neptune Suite at half the cost, but unfortunately there isn't even a privacy curtain between the bed and sofa area. We really need that after bedtime, having our young son with us. Even the signature suites at least seem to have a partial separation between the sleeping/sitting area and the murphy bed area. Down side, other than size, is no Neptune Lounge access.[/quote']

Don't over look the "named" Neptune suites on the Prinsendam if you want a very special suite lay-out - Each apparently has a different layout, and are remnants of the grand days of cruising. Walk in closets, double baths with double entrances, living room portion, sitting areas, tall chest of drawers.

Also did not the Konigsdam include some family-oriented cabins that perhaps can offer the possibility of a more private area when putting the young ones to sleep? Need to check that out.

OlsSalt, good points for me to consider on Prinsendam and Koningsdam (which I guess is similar to what Nieuw Statendam will be like)--I'll keep those ideas in mind.

Sage, I'm a little nervous about the Noordam on hearing that the May 2018 dry dock has been postponed (though the HAL website still shows pre- and post- deck plans). I'm looking forward to your trip report, have fun! Safe & happy travels, all!

Edited by Dev'sMom
Dry dock