Bottled water in suites

SanFranCruzer

When it was officially listed as a suite perk there were many reports that certain ships were declining to offer it.

Then someone pointed out in the last week or so that the newest update of the Full Suite Benefits document no longer lists the complimentary bottled water:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

('daily bottled water' formerly in third column)

BUT if you go to the individual accomodations page for a specific ship:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ru-ruby-princess/

(using Ruby Princess as example)

...scroll to Accomodations (sic), select Suites and click Show Stateroom Features there is is plain as day:

• Approx. 460 to 932 sq. ft., including balcony
  • Luxury balcony furniture including 2 loungers, 4 chairs, table and ottoman
  • 2 floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Separate sitting area with sofa bed, chair and 2 tables
  • One complimentary mini-bar setup and free daily bottled water~
  • Spacious walk-in closet

(excerpt from col. 1 of benefits list)

So I guess it is not as simple as "can anyone confirm" :confused:

Edited by fishywood

Plenty of water on the ship...what comes out the tap is the same stuff that's in the bottles....WATER! Clean and fresh. Use ice, tho...tap water won't run cold. BTW, ice is made from the ship's water!

OP is just asking if he is entitled to it. Whether or not he is planning to drink it is beside the point. :halo:

Yes, daily bottled water is delivered to the suite every night....EXCEPT...embarkation. So bring a water bottle and fill it up in the buffet or at lunch/dinner. Logic? There are two in your mini-refrigerator. But what if I want to exchange them....etc.

We just got off the Ruby Princess January 13, 2018 and were on the Grand this past summer, and both times two bottles of water were delivered each evening, except for embarkation night.

Thank you fishywood for pointing out this thread is not about the value of getting bottled water; the OP is simply asking about the suite benefit for bottled water.

Plenty of water on the ship...what comes out the tap is the same stuff that's in the bottles....WATER! Clean and fresh. Use ice, tho...tap water won't run cold. BTW, ice is made from the ship's water!

The bottles are better for taking ashore because holding that glass of water all day is inconvenient ;)

Yes, they have been available the last year or so but please bring your own insulated bottles and use water from the ship. I did grab a bottle one day on our Panama cruise and it tasted odd. I could not drink it. The tab water was much better. Don't use plastic bottles if you can help it. Too much plastic floating in the oceans and littered all over.

originally bottled water for suites was tied into the club class roll out. If the ship had started club class then bottled water came with suite...........now I think all the club class roll outs are complete.........so bottled water should come with all suites.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Coral Princess and spoke with our room steward who took care of some suites next to us. He said that yes they still get a bottle of water per person in the cabin but it is the mini waters only. It is replenished every day.

Last Oct. on the Star when we were in a full suite, due to me reading this forum, I asked our cabin steward about the water. He said that we had to ask him & sign a little paper whenever we wanted the complimentary small bottles of water. It was almost like the cabin steward had to account for all the bottled water. On the Star in October the Club Class had only been rolled out for a few months. So now all of that signing is maybe not necessary.

Last month I got 2 bottles the 16.9 Oz size every night including embarkation night. If you don't get it the first night ask because you might want them to keep at your bedside as I do for middle of night dryness.

Last month I got 2 bottles the 16.9 Oz size every night including embarkation night. If you don't get it the first night ask because you might want them to keep at your bedside as I do for middle of night dryness.

What ship were you on??? Yes , I definitely get that middle of the night dryness also.:cool:

Interesting, Along with some spirits and wine I pre-ordered a case (24 bottles, for around .50 a bottle) for our mini-suite on our Jan. 22 sailing, Pacific Princess.

Upon embarkation I found everything in order except the water was only half a case. I asked why. They said the water was complimentary .Room Stewart pointed out that our free mini-bar setup included two free bottles as well. Thank you very much.

Then, toward the end of the voyage I ordered more water, a case, they said no can do, you have to buy it now by the bottle, $2.00 per. Reason--they said was that I had to pre-order water to get a case. I said, I did, but you gave me a half case for free instead. They said, we are all out of half cases???---Forget it.