Water???

cruisin'sz

So am I correct in reading that you are not allowed to bring bottled water on board anymore? I was recently on Royal and they didn't seem to have any issue with it. I can understand alcohol but water?
You are correct. NCL and Royal Caribbean are two different companies and their policies are not aligned; Royal says you can bring it on and NCL says you can't.

You would think NCL would almost be encouraging people smuggling alcohol since most everyone has UBP. Maybe they should change their policy to only guests with UBP are allowed to bring water, soda and alcohol aboard. Would save them money. LOL.

So am I correct in reading that you are not allowed to bring bottled water on board anymore? I was recently on Royal and they didn't seem to have any issue with it. I can understand alcohol but water?

Simple solution, drink the FREE water that you can almost anywhere on the ship!

You would think NCL would almost be encouraging people smuggling alcohol since most everyone has UBP. Maybe they should change their policy to only guests with UBP are allowed to bring water, soda and alcohol aboard. Would save them money. LOL.��

Kind of bizarre (il)Logic here my friend. That in no way saves NCL any money.

Soon after security checkpoint open' date=' a collection of contraband is building by each X-ray machine.

[img']https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180811/b271f78a4c28248fa13f021802a37ffe.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made the mistake of buying water on board this past cruise and wound up not drinking most of it because I brought along two insulated travel mugs and just had them filled with ice water or soda. The water is filtered and just as good as bottled on the ship and free.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

booking through UK all inclusive we had 18 1 litre bottles of water in our cabin for 9 day cruise!

there were still 12 left at the end [plus 4 small bottles for platinum plus]

make friends with a European/UK cruiser who has gone all inclusive and they will probably share some of theirs with you!

Since bottled water is not even included in the UBP I just order a 12 pack to be in my cabin the first day. I think it was $34.00. I think NCL is the only cruise line that doesn't include bottled water in their packages and they are the most expensive. Celebrity included fresh juices, bottled water, specialty coffees. I have had it with NCL policies. :(

In the same way one can’t take water on a plane, I personally feel slightly more safe with the policy to not allow passengers to bring water onboard. I personally work with chemicals that look just like water, and can be put in plastic containers (they come in plastic totes) but if mixed with each other or sometimes a small amount of actual water, off gas explosive gasses. I’m not saying this is behind NCL’s policy, but definitely behind airlines policies. When I see pictures of people taking on cases of water onto other lines, i always think about that.

Every bottle of water that is brought on board generates plastic wast that has to be disposed of, and NCL has to pay to get rid of the waste. Don't ever buy are bring water in plastic bottles. Drink tap water out of a reusable bottle, and if necessary buy a filter. The tap water on every cruise ship is filtered much more than any bottled water, anyway.

Except now that China is no longer recycling the west's plastic, many of the recyclables are going to landfills.
Then I would venture to guess, unless NCL has contract with a recyle company other than China, they will be banned soon. I'd also guess that many US cities will start to ban them just like they are straws. I think a city in Massachussetts has already banned single serve plastic bottles and in San Fracisco they are not sold at city events. Edited by NLH Arizona

Too many people were sneaking in alcohol disguised as water.:mad:

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason... Lol.

I bet it has nothing to do with the fact that NCL is the only company that doesn't give you bottled water in their drink package and forces you to buy a bottled water package!!